Sunday, July 10, 2005

WEE!

I woke up at 3.40pm today. Why? Long story.

Went for the DoTA competition. Han chih's bro gave him over a hundred bucks to treat us to dinner. So we decided on Marche, and me and yiling had to call our parents first. Yiling wasn't counting on going, but she took the risk anyway, and her mom said YES!

I, on the other hand, was told to come home straight away. Cause they just SUDDENLY felt like going for dinner. Yiling said she'd go home with me, but I insisted she stay, no point she miss out on all the fun cause I wasn't going.

I should stop being such a crybaby. I actually TEARED. My god. I'm 16, not 12. I should stop it. Maybe it's making up for all the times I never cried. Cause I hate crying, I hate feeling miserable. Yet everyone nowadays seems to thrive on being miserable. Ohh I hate myself, oh the world hates me, oh this and that and blahblahblah.

Yeh so I had to dine painfully with the parents. Ma was quick to assume I was so bitter about going out with them cause I HAVE AN INTEREST IN SOME BOY.

WHAT THE FUCK?

I wanna spend time with my classmates! I love the time I spend with them cause it's always so fun, but noooo... the day has yet to come when she actually thinks RATIONALLY.

After mentioning the DoTA thing to Aresha, she told me she was gonna play DoTA later. Like shisha, I JUMPED at the opportunity. Only to forget she was going to Home (previously mad monks) at clarke quay for a Guerilla dnb event. I was pretty reluctant to go for it then, I kept telling aresha it was ok, I didn't feel like going, I'd feel weird and yaddayadda.

The last time I said that was during London E, and when I missed the OC for it, I didn't regret it at all.

So we went to her friend's house first, Javier. He's a really funny guy. Small kept doing more cigarrette tricks but kept dropping it. Javier was having his birthday party and all his friends were there. The only person who knew the rest was Aresha. Gary, small, ajay and I were clueless and just hung around the balcony.

We left at I think 12 something or earlier for clarke quay. Aresha, being the pioneer of dnb and what have you, got us all in for free. And the bouncer didn't even look at me twice! Woohoo.

Aresha was PR-ing with the whole club and I was just blindly following her. I don't exactly go clubbing very often 'KAY? After awhile I just bugged Gary at the bar before going up to the front to stand around. Aresha bought me a glass of wine, and I have no idea why, but I finished it in a matter of minutes. I never liked wine, but that one tasted prettay good!

When zaihan came, he kept shouting 'ADIK, ADIK!!!!' when he saw me.

Got introduced to a whole BUNCH of her friends, then went in front to do a bit of LANCING.

Yes, I actually danced oh my god aruna.

It's so different from RnB and hip hop, where everyone bumps and grinds and humps each other's hinds. This was just... dance any way you want, nobody cares. So after awhile you just pick up your own rhythm and just dance lah! There were quite a few mats though, ugh. In fact, there were a LOT of mats.

While talking to ungku he told me the reason.

"Today there are a lot of chicks, so when there are a lot of chicks, the mats wanna go after them. So there will be more mats. And when there are mats, there will be minahs that go after them. So the number of minahs will go up."

True ah. Mats never score with NORMAL girls though.

Before making fun of minahs with ungku, there was this catfight between one of aresha's friends and some random minah. Second one in DNB history according to ungku.

Long-ER story lah that one.

It was good. Not as good as London E last year, but still good. Met Mark who kicked aresha's ferret, Roti, and doesn't feel bad about it. I felt like kicking him while talking to him. Ajay said he was a nice guy to him despite what he did but was talking to him like Mark was a retard! It was hilarious.

Aresha also lost her wallet. Which was pretty amazing cause my bag was ON TOP of hers and had my digicam, phone and wallet within easy grasp but chose to open aresha's ZIPPED bag and take out hers. Mine doesn't even have a zip man. You can just stick your hand in. Lucky that person didn't take Julep.

In the end aresha found her wallet. It was in the girl's toilet, on the floor, OPEN. All her credit cards were intact and accounted for, so was her RM, and other things. I guess the person only wanted cash.

They also came to the conclusion it was a minah. Cause they were hanging around our table and Ajay saw them there. And the only people capable of it was the mat minah group, cause normally, nobody steals at dnb events. And it was today that there were more mats and minahs.

I came to a shocking revelation last night. By the time i'm 18 and start going for DnB events more often, it'd be taken over... by MATS AND MINAHS!!!

Oh my god. This is so unfair. They've already taken over hip hop, rnb, please don't let it be dnb next.

Ok i'm sick of blogging for today. I slept at 7am and got up at 3.40pm. There you go.

2 comments:

Aresha said...

it wont. don't worry.

drum and bass for the unserious and unpassionate only lasts like a butterflies lifespan - they come, they realise the easy girls are at rnb and they leave. its a cycle. so it will hardly go up.

;)

and i'm not a PIONEER OF dnb. geez!

aroona said...

goood.

ungku called themselves the pioneers. so i assumed the same of you lah.