Saturday, July 02, 2005

Okay, it wasn't shisha at Arab st.

It was at this Aladdin place at Tanjong Pagar! Damn nice I tell you, the atmosphere isn't as arabian as the Arab St place but it was nicer. Although, it was extremely badly ventilated. I was choking on ciggy and shisha smoke and after awhile I had to squint cause it was irritating my eyes.

They have chinese girls dressed up as belly dancers to walk around and clear tables and take orders. They're quite pretty, sometimes they're asked to drink with the customers. I didn't take any pictures cause the lighting really sucked and it wasn't very appropriate at the time.

Shisha there is like 30 bucks plus man! Crazy. Ajay came later and started telling me all about braces and whatnot. He had his for 4 years! So did aresha. Crazy man. So long. How can you tahan man.

Aresha gave gary a fake tit for his birthday. One side. It's about the size of your average orange, same shape, but you can twist and squeeze it any way you want and it'll go back to it's original perfectly round shape. It was filled with water and super squishy and sick. When aresha put it in his hand he started screaming;

"GET THE EYEBALL AWAY! TAKE THE EYEBALL AWAY!!!!!"

He was freaked out. But it was hilarious. Eyeball, hahahaha.

So gary kept putting it on his chest and stretching it like hell. I was suprised it didn't break. One of aresha's not so common friends, shumei, was there with her boyfriend and younger sister. Her younger sis is 20, and she thought I was 19! I think it was just the bad lighting lah. Small kept doing tricks with a cigarette and when he did it to Ajay, he accidentally made it slightly visible and Ajay was like, 'WOW.' and just took the cigarette from where Small was hiding it and stuck it in his mouth.

Yeh. Then they did this... fountain thing. Well at least that was what they called it. They took a bus ticket and stuck it in the plastic thing around the cig box as it was propped up. Okay it's not easy to describe it here, so I won't.

Gary was pretty clueless about the ghost-hunting thing. At first I was heaving sighs of relief when they were undecided and the chances of going were pretty slim. After Aladdin, we went to the board games cafe again and played Taboo. It was fun. I learned a new word! Tandom. A duo-bicycle. At first it was me, Small and Gary in one team and Aresha and Ajay in the other. Then it was me and aresha in one team and the guys in the other.

I think Gary and Small have this supernatural otherworldly connection. Like super blood brothers. Its as if they can read each other's minds man. Either that, or Gary's played Taboo a little too many times.

THEN they started making plans to go ghost-hunting. Jeez i'm getting goosebumps just typing it. I was getting a bit uncomfortable and I tried to convince aresha to do something else but she just yelled at me telling me that she had already talked to me about this and it's too late to back out now.

I didn't want to be the wet blanket either, so I went along with it. They drove the 3 black cars to gary's place. There was our goonz/pimpmobile of a mitsubishi space wagon, Ajay's honda accord and gary's mazda. I don't know the model but it's one hell of a convertible. Sitting in it as he drives it is like stepping into a time machine. He goes so fast everything becomes a blur and everything's shaking. I sat in it once and it took my breath away man. Sitting in it is another thing, you FALL into the seat cause it's sooo low.

So the 3 black cars raced to gary's place. It's near SP I think. I forgot where gary stays but it's a pretty exclusive condominium in some ulu part of singapore. Which was just across the road from our first ghost-hunting stop. So we all bundled into our car and headed to IDH...

Words cannot describe how scary that place was. There were 2 main gates. One at the main road, one further down and had more vegetation around it, making it look an infinite number of times creepier. We parked the car opposite that one cause we didn't wanna get caught by any patrol cars. Aresha brought these army boots and Ajay was just wearing slippers. I wore my converse sneakers after putting 4 plasters on my toes so I wouldn't get blisters. Aresha had to pee before going in, must've been the adrenaline, so she peed behind the car. I shone the torchlight at her ass and laughed like hell.

Small took the crowbar, Ajay, me and Gary had individual torchlights. We climbed over the gate and walked in. The moment you step in, the air is stale, no breeze at all. The pathway up is littered with leaves and twigs.

We shone the torchlights into the building. It looked like a miniature version of old CGH. For a dental clinic, the compound is HUGE! It's like a hospital.

We reached the main entrance of the first building and heard a rustling behind us. We were startled and turned around. It was this gigantic tree of a bush that had something behind it that was hiding. All of us immediately squatted down and shone our torchlights, readying ourselves for whatever was gonna jump out. Small was ready with the crowbar as we kept our torchlights pointing at the bush. The leaves rustled again, no way in hell's name was it the wind. The air was STALE, I tell you again.

We were all so freaked out, but we walked to the other side of the bush and shone our torchlights in. Still nothing. So we gave up and continued on to the other side. The moment Aresha said she was afraid of drug addicts was when I started looking back to make sure nothing was following us. Small too. When we went round the main building and started making our way to the other building, I smelt faint alcohol. It could've been Gary cause he had drank earlier, but aresha smelt that AND perfume. A serious overload. I couldn't smell it, neither could Ajay and Gary, but Small and Aresha did. Ajay immediately said we should get out.

Small kept asking me whether I was wearing perfume. I said no, it wasn't coming from aresha either. We decided to turn back, after taking one last good look at the humongous area and courtyard, we climbed the main gate nearer to the main road and walked in.

Small said the perfume was a serious overload. As if someone just put it on. Aresha agreed, but I seriously couldn't smell anything. But I noticed after awhile the smell of alcohol was a little overbearing.

When we got back to the car, I took a piss behind the car too and we talked about how we felt about the place.

The thing about aresha's friends is that they violate everything your camp instructors tell you NOT to do during a nightwalk. If you recall, they tell you if you smell something, hear something, or even see something, don't say a word about it till you get out of the place. What we smelt everything we told each other right there and then. They also shone torchlights up into the trees.

All the more scary it is.

Ajay said that if you smell something faint that's unusual or something, you'd better haul your ass outta there, cause once it gets stronger, what's in the area is giving you one of its final warnings.

Yet again, we bundled into the car and headed to our next destination. We had a pitstop at the nearby petrol station where I got off to buy some water. Then, we were off... to TANG DYNASTY!

Very cheena huh. But the place is... ok it's scary, but extremely beautiful. I don't think many of you would've seen it cause it's all the way on the other side of singapore, near jurong. If you took the AYE I think you might've seen it. It's the bloody huge great wall of china kinda place.

The main door was borded up and aresha was quite disappointed. I again heaved sighs of relief but Ajay and Gary explored the area a little more only to find a broken window which we could squeeze through. Aresha parked in the darkness and we got off. The guys were quite considerate, letting us go in between them instead of right in the front or back. I guess they could tell we were scared.

The place is HUGE. When you step into the first hall, you can tell that place was really grand before. There's a door that leads to a restaurant, a spiral staircase down, and a door that goes through to the landing area. We went to the landing cause Aresha wanted to go to the giant theatre place to see the dummy that scared the shit out of Celine the last time they went there.

The dummy was gone, but there were pits of burnt stuff everywhere. I think loads of people have come in before, drug addicts, illegal immigrants, thrill seekers (us).

The theatre still had its red drapes that were torn in places. I think it was a dining experience cause the next room was a kitchen. So after looking around, we went back to the landing. Aresha said that the last time they went, there were huge glass panels everywhere that made the place look majestic. But now, it was broken everywhere, on the floor and stuff. It was a giant dark mess. Ajay was wearing slippers some more.

So out of the landing area and into the street area we went. It's all one giant... town place. On the right was a pond that was almost dried and breeding mosquitoes cause we were getting bites everywhere. To the left was a pathway that led all the way to this humongous tower that was at least 7 storeys tall and was called the pagoda. The path was long and crowded with vegetation, but knowing us, we still continued. There were shophouse looking building on the way there, all of them hollowed out and pitch black.

On the way to the pagoda we came across a bridge tower kinda place. It was a creepy staircase that led upstairs to god knows where. It was just a balcony place at the top, so we went back down and continued. There was a garden area we had to pass through to get there. We walked up the staircase that led to the first floor of the pagoda. The tower is just this really really tall circular building which had staircases leading up. 2 actually. We took one and went up to the 3rd or 4th floor. It was extremely windy there so they decided to have a cig there. After enjoying the view of the AYE, we went back down to the first floor. On the walls was "Fauzey was here". Some mat I guess.

There was another side to the first floor that was closer to the wall that you see from the outside of the place. Looking down was a canal, and a cave-type area which harboured what was probably hundreds of BATS!

We could hear them all the way from where we were. We wanted to scare them out so they'd fly up and do a Batman Begins Well Scene for us. Gary threw a lighter expecting it to explode, but it didn't cause there wasn't enough gas. We threw a drink can and pieces of concrete but they just didn't react. They just got louder. So we made our way DOWN. I was so reluctant but I didn't have much of a choice. There was a makeshift wooden bridge that led into the other side of the cave that didn't have bats, but was connected to the bat cave. Ajay tested the bridge and it wasn't sturdy enough for us to cross. So we made our way back up, and out of the pagoda area.

We made our way back to the street area and took a different route around. Aresha said it was one circle and we'd be back at the main area we came from (the theatre building). So we took the circle route. One of the shophouses along that route had a red indian which we thought was pointing at us. It was its fist that was clenched, supposedly holding something.

What's a red indian doing in mini china?

We continued only to reach a dead end. It was bordered up so we made our way back, and out the same window we entered through.

I SURVIVED!!!! I can't believe it, the biggest chicken in the world that's typing this while looking over her shoulder in her own home, survived the ghost hunt!

We went back to gary's condo, where small and gary got off. Small was staying over at gary's place so me, aresha and ajay went to simpang to have a drink. Aresha was in a crabby mood courtesy of Tania, so we just stoned and left.

I got home at 6am! Woohoo! At that point of time I hadn't slept for 24 hours. Personal record? Nah. And I didn't feel tired during the trip at all! So I showered, even had time to pop a few pimples, and slept at about 6.40am.

Woke up at 3.30pm, to aresha leaving to do some errands.

I was supposed to wash Dog today, but I got up so late and there was a funny old school eddie murphy movie on hbo so I just did daytime shift on the sofa. Aresha brought back Mcds for brunch/dinner and left to go to the car show at the expo which I regret not going for now cause I feel a bit scared all of a sudden.

One thing I noticed about my reactions to both places was the initial teeth-chattering shudders
and hoping for otherwise. Once I got out of the car and into the area, the scaredy-cat wave passes and you feel the adrenaline. Cause my heart was beating pretty rapidly at both places.

I regret not bringing bloop (camera) to the 2 places. We left everything in the car, so I guess it would've been bulky.

So yesterday, or this morning for that matter rocked so hard. I wanna do it again! I think they're going again tonight, this time it's somewhere in punggol. But I heard they're going to Zouk first, so no, unless aresha asks me to go again. I could just watch SNL and Jay leno later. Ahh what a waste of a good saturday.

And yay tomorrow's the sunday market! I hope my jeans can dry by tomorrow lah. I used them for the ghost trip.

Behold! The longest blog entry ever! Look out for pics from the sunday market tomorrow! Adieu!

No comments: