Sunday, July 24, 2005

Hello!

Yay I am happy happy happy. I met surin just now wooo! No endorphins involved.

Watched the Island at plaza singapura.

Aroona's 1st movie review of:

The Island;
3.5/5

If you're prepared to sit down for over 2 and a half hours, I suggest you bring a jacket and pee before the movie.

The storyline quite good lah. Tolerable, no wait... above tolerable. After sitting through shitty after shitter movies, batman and madagascar excluded, I think this was quite a refreshing change. The action scenes are a really exaggerated, but it's easy to overlook.

It's pretty gory. Not in-your-face gory, but more i'll-show-you-half-and-leave-the-rest-to-your-imagination gory. It's worth your $7.. but maybe not $9.50.

VOILA! My first movie review. I deserve an award.

Heck, i'll do another one for kicks!

Aroona's 2nd movie review of:

Supersize Me;
3.5/5

I bet you've never heard of this movie, but it's worth watching for SHOR. Watch it on your own, cause you HAVE to listen to what the people are saying for you to understand it.

It's more of a documentary. Okay I admit it, I was itching to switch back to the channels but there was just something that kept me watching it. It's of a guy who goes on a full mcdonald's diet for 30 days. 3 meals a day, and if they ask him if he'd like to supersize it, he HAS to agree.

We don't have supersize here, but supersized fries is the equivalent of HALF A POUND of fries. Fuck, that's a lot.

Everything is monitored, his weight, blood sugar, even his sex life. It's interesting to see the kind of changes he went through, and how people can't remember their own country's national anthem but can remember the hamburger song;

2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed BUN! I used to love singing that song.

The outcome was kinda disappointing. Even so, just watch it lah.

YAY MY SECOND ONE.

Yeh. So back to today. Ma was doing one of her trips in the morning. The maid just asked her a few more times than usual whether she wanted to start cooking, and like that she gets pissed. And that spelt bad news for me cause I already made plans to go out.

I think the maid holds grudges. She's timid and demure, but CANNOT STOP BLABBERING ABOUT IT afterwards. Don't you fucking tell me I have no compassion, you can go to hell. I'm sick and tired of having 10 000 maids a year and trying to study amidst my mom's screams.

So the maid goes on and on and on about how she did everything according to what Ma said to her and stuff like that. In the most pathetic malay I could manage, I told her just to let it go, cause there's no point taking it to heart cause ma would never bother being reasonable.

Then pa came home, saying he was called in for last minute examining at poly marina, although he made plans to take her out later on. Not a very good idea.

Usual hooha ensues.

I wore my victoria secrets pink t-shirt today! It fits so nicely. And I wore a skirt! Woohoo.

Surin said my slippers were very ah ma. Bloody hell.

Oh great. It's fucking 10 minutes to 11 now and my dad wants me to 'back him up' while he picks an argument with ma. Smart. Real fucking smart. Hey, why don't you just crash your car into a tree while you're at it? That'll wake up even MORE neighbours while ma yells about her sex life!

SOMETHING I DON'T WANNA FUCKING HEAR.

No comments: