Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ow.

This was partially done yesterday(31/5), continued the rest today(1/6):

Today was... exhausting. But it's not over yet.

So hmm. Got up at 9, TRIED to eat breakfast but ended up with my mom working up my brother and I couldn't eat in the end. Ended up showering and getting ready to go at 10 for my 11 o clock x ray appointment and Alpha Dental at Temasek Tower which was at TANJONG FUCKING PAGAR.

Got completely lost at Temasek Tower. Turns out that it's actually a full blown hotel-like office building, cause when I took the lift, there was no first floor (which was where the dentist was located). I ended up going to the next lowest floor which was the SEVENTH. Took ANOTHER lift down to the 1st, asked for directions and finally made it to the stupid small dentist.

The staff were all pretty unfriendly. It looked like a very superficial place. The girls that were getting stuff done to their teeth there had attitude problems.

The dentist that did my x rays and molds was a bit... too friendly. When I was taking off my ear studs, he told me to take off my dog tag as well. Before I did, he just grabbed it and looked at it (it was a chest level mind you). Maybe i'm jumping to conclusions but it felt a little uncomfortable.

When he was taking file pictures of my teeth, he stuck his legs between mine. Freaky or what.

But he was good looking. Better looking version of the plastic surgeon that did the crack in my head. In fact, he was REALLY good looking.

The molds were DISGUSTING. BLegh. I was gagging nonstop but he just kept telling me to breathe through my nose. So slimy and yeeech. The metal casings hurt my gums too.

When it came to payment, I had $0 on me. Why? Cause pa told me they'd bill our dentist directly. Turns out he was WRONG. So they kept my x rays, and I had to run all the way to fucking SP near Dover MRT to get cash. He also gave me money for lunch and the camera which the guy said was gonna be ready by today. So before heading back to get my x rays, I met surin to see him in his braces. So cute I tell you. I always had a soft spot for guys with braces.

Then went back to tanjong pagar to get the x rays. The hot perverted dentist was still there and looked startled when I thanked him after he passed me the x rays. Weird man.

Then went down to the camera shop in bedok to pick up BLOOP! But it was in their holland V branch fucking hell!!! So I just went straight to paya lebar to see the dentist after changing my 4.30 appointment to 3.30. But when I reached there, the clerk said my appointment was at 4.30. It went like this;

Me: 4.30? I called didn't I?
Cl: Yes you did.
Me: Yeah.. I called and changed my appointment. You said the earliest you could make it was 3.30.
Cl: Oh. *looks down* Okay, but you'll have to wait awhile.

And you know what? I waited an hour, went in at FOUR FUCKING THIRTY. Bloody hell.

He put in these... separators. They bear scary resemblence to keychain links. So I have keychain links wedged between my back molars. I haven't been able to chew all day, I didn't eat at all. Just ate chips with Aniek whlie watching star wars, chewing pathetically with my incisors.

Bah. Got A Math tomorrow. But i'm gonna watch Madagascar tonight! After playing pool with Surin. Yay! Ok bye.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I go to Alpha Dental too! It's my mum's company dental clinic (I think). And YES, it's so darn hard to find, coz it's like on a balcony of some sort. I went all over the damn place, much like yourself. I feel nervous just thinking that I might have to go there again soon - I can see the clinic from the outside, but I can never find the way to get to it!!! If you're ever made to wait there, just ask them to play you some videotape about dental stuff. It's boring like hell, but it beats twiddling your thumbs.

Curious, why'd u havta go to 2 different dentists?

Anyway, I'm looking to get my wisdom teeth extracted. Has Surin done it (prior to braces)? How much does it cost?

Anonymous said...

Oh another thing, since you mentioned your freakazoid dentist. Mine was this baldish dude. As soon as I propped myself up on the chair, he started pressing around (massaging) under my jaw and around my neck. I asked him what the hell he was trying to do.

And he explained in a very educated way, that because I am Indian (though I am not!), he had to see if I have THROAT CANCER...coz, get this, Indians eat betel nuts (a carcinogenic substance) which contributes to cancer in the throat. And that it was just procedure for him to do that.

OHMYFARKINGGAWD

Staring dead into his face, I asked him if I looked like someone who chewed betel nuts. Mind you, I'm a skinny little thing, standing at 1.58cm and I was 18 at the time.

How stupid can one be?

Aresha said...

hardy har.

aroona said...

perse: don't mean to be unfriendly, but who are you ah? =D

anyvhay, the family dentist's tiny and lacks facilities so he sent me to alpha just to get the x rays done. and they had lousy women's magazines there so the wait wasn't so bad.

surin didn't get any teeth extracted. i don't need to extract any either thank god, but i'm still getting a couple of wisdom teeth extracted cause they're growing under my gums.

i didn't get the old bald dude. i saw him but i got the younger guy with a full head of hair. but he didn't say much.

but i remember that bald fella giving me on kinda cheebai stare.

and who the hell chews betel nuts in singapore? geez.