Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I bought a shitload of books today from the book fair at the expo. The fifth harry potter book was going for 7 bucks, and it's the hard cover copies, the ones I don't think you can get anymore from bookshops. I bought mine for what... $35 when it just came out. And now it's $7.

I bought:

1. Bollox Detox
I finished it already. It's a super tiny book full of cynicism and sarcasm. And exaggeration. But really funny. It makes fun of all those soul-purifying "detox-your-body" nonsense. I lent it to Surin so wait if you wanna borrow k.

2. Instructions for Lovers
Also finished. Also a little book full of sarcastic phrases and sentences. You can borrow it if you want, only if you can see the funny side of physical intimacy.

3. 1001 Dreams
Small but fucking fat. Tells you all about dreams and their meanings. But somehow this book relates majority of dreams to sex. Come on, bodily orifices? How stupidly discreet can they get. But for 4 bucks, who's complaining?

4. Daughter of Shame
The mother forced me to buy this. I don't wanna talk about it. It looks boring, but i'll read it anyway.

5. Divided Labours: An Evolutionary View of Women at Work
I'm a mild feminist, need I say more? The cover's pretty too.

6. SASSO
I thought the title was pretty darn hilarious. In relation to the story? About a couple at the age of 19 died... while making the LURVE. And it seems everyone's more interested in their sex than their deaths itself. Sad huh. I'm not sex-obsessed. Besides, 3/4 of the books there were sex-related alright.

7. Things Your Mother Never Told You
I read the shoulder and it sounded real cute. The back too. So what the hey.

8. Lullaby
About mothers killing their infants by singing some cursed lullaby. Is this a joke? I have no bloody idea.

9. The Well of Lost Plots
The summary is irritatingly confusing. But it looks like a fun book nonetheless.

Borrow if you want, if i'm not reading them at the time. They had loads of Stephen King, boring biographies, sex books, and chinese book.. things. Surprisingly, there weren't many teeny bopper novels. I got up at 9 am for this, and i'm still regretting it a little. I'm tired, the MYEs are in 4 days, I haven't started studying, let alone finished my homework, am clueless about chemistry and well.. everything else.

I can't slack for my MYEs, I already did enough of that in sec 1 & 2. I promised myself not to goof off. I still have 4 days. We'll see how it goes.

I'll also resist the temptation to read the books I bought. It'll be a distraction.

My mother's annoying. She chucked her old study table in my room for me to study. It's too fucking dim to study, unless I get a table lamp. The sooner the better.

So much for wanting to clear out the junk from our room, she just contributed to it.

I just can't wait for the exams to be over. It'll be a weight off my shoulders, more than the exams being over as a whole. Then i'll have to face the fucking results. GArrgh.

Haha I met surin after tuition just now, at around 3pm. When I called him, just as I was about to put down, I heard his mom say "Hello!" in a really jolly way but I couldn't reply cause we already hung up. His dad also asked me to come over and help them paint. I don't mind but fucking hell I can't.

Oh well. After the exams it is. Marianne has my Chrono Cross! She found it! THERE IS A GOD!

I'm getting it back from her after the MYEs. Then i'll play to my heart's content, and study to the fullest.

Not to mention i'll be reading all the books I bought, AS WELL AS prepping for the MT O's (ugh), AND simultaneously taking care of my english import cousins. I'm not obliged to, but I love babysitting them.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT, there's also ash's birthday party (it's themed!), AND the 2 weeks of revision taken away from our june holidays. Man. So hectic. And if we're lucky, 4/2 will get to go to Malaysia for the bio trip! And we're not staying in dorms! It's gonna be a resort woohoo!

How am I gonna start revising for MYEs? Ok well, for starters, I could stop thinking about what i'll be doing AFTER it and just mug away mindlessly.

Oh oh oh Murdoch University replied to my email!!! AHH!!
They didn't mention anything about diplomas, but they DID say A'Level certs are automatically a yes. BUT there's still the enrolling process which only accepts 32 students a year (they confirmed that too). So exciting. And i'm rethinking Victoria. A little too high a standard to set for myself don't you think.

It makes you think that i'm self-delusional. I'm not ok. I just love that schooooool.
What about Anderson? Oh wait, it's in Ang Mo Kio. ACJC? Maybe lah. SAJC? Too close to Potong Pasir for comfort.

Ah well. I've got months to think about it after the o's, so I should just shut up for now.

And go to sleep.

6 comments:

Aresha said...

uh, physics and/or bio means you can do bio or combined physics and bio. either one is compulsory.

Just do your best and you'll get into murdoch. I'll back you up all the way hheeheh. Victoria uni did you say? That uni's bullshit, its a small building in melbourne.

I suggest you not come to melbourne anyway, its shitty. Go to perth, more singaporeans, you won't feel like a stranger.

But get through your A levels first. When your o's come out, go into a science stream. ;) leave the daughter of shame arts farts to me.

you'll do great as a vet. Primela can be your nurse.. i'll work my arse off and we will buy a shop house where we can all live upstairs and you can vet yourself downstairs in your pajamas. sounds like a plan no?

;))

Aresha said...

oh and ash can sit down and let the dogs slobber over him...

or we can employ him as data entry. gotta remind him about the spacebar though.

and i will be marketing pr and advertising. hurhurhur.

I'll do the logo and shit and advertise it so every singaporean would want to come to your clinic.

Aresha said...

vickesh can be a vet too. or he can be an entrepreneur and sell animal things and food... or be a banker or rocket scientist where we can set up a farm or pet hotel on the moon where we don't have to clean their poop cos it would float into outer space.

aroona said...

hey all the shit needs to go somewhere riiight.

and vickesh is into robotics.
so he can build.. robots then.

i thought you said we'll make ash a terrorist to storm those animal skinning places?

Aresha said...

cannot lah.

he'll get angry and pissed and wont whack them. he'll whack us first and scratch his face.

Hahahaha.

Aresha said...

oh and the shit will float away... into the black hole (ma's mouth? or wherever else hahah)