Thursday, May 29, 2008

staying in is bad for you

I feel a bit shitty from lazing around the house the whole day, staring at my laptop screen trying to work out living costs in Sydney - I got an offer from the University of Sydney too, and from the looks of it I just might be going there. It's not the UK, but I shan't be bitter cos i'm saving my dad a good amount of money by going to Australia instead, and that gives me a minimal amount of peace of mind.

It's still gonna cost a bomb nonetheless.

Here's the plan when I get done. I don't think i'll be coming back, I will maybe work there for a couple of years there and make plans to practice in the UK. That was my intention all this while. My dad, on the other hand insists I work at the Singapore Turf Club when I get back, and try to rip off some millionaire by charging him exorbitant prices for treating his horses. Perhaps, to pay off the incurred debt from my education but in the long run it's not something I really want to do.

No replies from AVA or the Loke Cheng Kim foundation with regards to scholarships. Not surprising.

Ratty's cage all nice and set, it looks nothing like those fancy cages i've seen in forums cos well... I can't afford that. But it is nice and roomy for two rats. All I need is for Aresha to pick up another hammock from Pets At Home in the UK I can move Stalin in.

But the two little satans can sometimes test my patience. Especially Rasputin, he keeps traumatising the hell out of Stalin it gets worrying sometimes. I don't know why he keeps bugging Stalin, and Stalin just turns over onto his back in defeat. It got so bad to a point, just earlier, Rasputin chased Stalin into the little section in the corner of my room where the base of the roof pipes are. I don't know if he was really stuck or was just too afraid to come out of that little corner.

Stalin is still quite scared of ME for some reason, he's taking more than ages to warm up. So it made things MUCH more difficult. I had to stuff things in between the pipe and the wall so it'd get too squeezy and he'll be forced out. BUT to do so, cos the pipes are behind my bed, I had to push my drawers and move my bed out of the way.

When I finally got them back safe in their cages, I was moving stuff around and it caught onto my bedside lamp wire, so it fell over and smashed to pieces. I was surprised Pa didn't come charging in.

I hope Stalin grows bigger than Rasputin, then he can show him who's boss heheh.

No comments: