Tuesday, May 20, 2008

less than 7 days left

Yep, it's less than a week to my departure from this lovely albeit brr cold country. I just bought myself a new coat too - wasted.

Been all over sorta. From Reading to Slough to Iver to Camden Town to Central London to Southall. Ok la when I think about it it's not quite much, but I definitely have enjoyed the trip. A good chance for me to basically miss everything about home - from firstly, mr Rasputututin and mr Stalin, to the burning weather, and hanging out on the regular with familiar faces. This isn't to say I prefer Singapore over the UK.

Having spent almost 3 weeks in the suburbs is NO JOKE. A good chunk of moolah has been spent on transport and LPG for Amit's car which he has generously lent to Aresha and I to get around. Prior to the car though;

Several bus trips to Wokingham = £3.40 x I don't know how many times.
Blah blah blah.......Reading = £5.40 x 2... 3 times?
Train to Slough (a 20 min ride) = £8.60
LPG for the Cherokee Jeep aka Amit's Ride = £30 + £23
Day Travelcard for our day in Camden = £5.90

That comes up to a pretty bit. My spending gained momentum over the 2 weeks and I'm down to.... an undisclosed amount. I'm not TOO worried. Initially I was worried about the moolah i'd spend if I went for the Hospitality gig in London this Friday.. £20 for a return train, god knows how much for a tube card, another £20 for the gig if I don't make guestlist, and other misc things I might spend on. Backside tore on Sunday when I bought a coat from Camden Town for £35.

But since A Sides said he won't be going for the gig, i'll give it a miss. Cos I don't wanna go alone. Aresha and Amit are heading for the Isle of Wight tomorrow evening but i've pretty much got my week planned out for me before I leave, almost. Shopping in Reading again Tuesday, helping out at Aunty's school on Wednesday, helping out at Nine Mile Vet then babysit on Thursday, not sure what on Friday, and tentatively London on Saturday with Uncle Matt and the kids.

Many of you might think it's not much of a holiday, spending it at a vet or a special needs school or babysitting kids. But I think i've seen a lot more of the UK than any random tourist, in terms of how they live, the people, their mannerisms and other things I can't be arsed to put in words. There's only so much you can see in Central London.

Fuck, the other night I had ANOTHER dream about the ratties. This time, I had come back and Stalin was HUGE, but.... white. His coat was white! How wtf is that. Damn, I think before I get home I will have another few anxious dreams about them cos I keep thinking about them so much. While i'm here I shop for them, and I keep reading up rat guides and how to set up the perfect cage. You have no idea how much i'm itching to set everything up, I shall photo-document that process if i'm not feeling particularly lazy.

No comments: