Thursday, June 26, 2008

totally unexpected.... narcissism.... but only mildly

Something about 2007 disappointed me slightly.

It was... the injustice done to my dress in the photos I took on Prom Night. All the photos I took were of the front of the dress in my Dracula-esque makeup. Prom Nights here are nothing like the big hoo ha they are in the US and other angmoh countries, so it shouldn't be a big deal right?

But, the amount of worry and anxiety that went into waiting for that one-of-a-kind dress made it... Special.

So yes, like I was saying, the photos I took seriously do not do the dress justice. And also due to the fact I was running from the Ballroom to the reception and back several times, the number of photos I have are absolutely pathetic. Worst part is... I have NO PICTURES OF THE BACK OF THE DRESS!

Do you know where this is going?

I know you're thinking it.

7 months after my prom, on the strangest impulse I took my dress out of the cupboard. I put my camera up, got into my fantabulous dress and (self-timed) snapped away. The following two pictures are a result of my lack of self-taken shots, cos I generally don't do those. But I just had to.

I present to you... The dress I kicked up a giant fuss about, with me in it of course.

First, the front;























And the main attraction, the back. Pardon my cheesy smile.























My butt looks a little strange. I blame the angle. Don't you just love the train?

I don't know how well I pulled it off. In the photos sans makeup and pretty hair obviously I can't, but on that night I think it was quite a hit.

Okay, totally self-centred post ends here.

No comments: