Wednesday, June 18, 2008

insane day, and it's not even over.

Slept 5 hours. Picked up an injured bird last night. I named him Steve. Woke up early today to get him to the vet to make sure it was nothing serious. Steve poops EVERYWHERE.

Fed him bread mushed with water with chopsticks. He'll open his mouth to nip at my fingers but not to eat.

Headed to the bank to do up a bankdraft for my enrolment, then headed for lunch. Since Ma was at school me and my dad thought we'd call her out for lunch. After a slightly hostile conversation on the phone, my dad suddenly said;

"Haiya, shouldn't have asked Ma to come with us for lunch."

"Huh, why la?"

"So we can eat MEAT!"

He then went on to rant about how Thai vegetarian food is fake and sucks - referring to mock meat, which isn't particularly Thai. And then we were turning into Still Rd, when;

"You know, one day if I have lots of money I want to open a NON-HALAL Restaurant."

"Pa, there are plenty of non-halal restaurants all over the place."

"No I mean, the name of the restaurant will be NON-HALAL RESTAURANT."

It's funny how a grassroot leader has all this pent up emotion.

Shit. I need to clock in some naptime otherwise I will be so completely exhausted tonight.

No comments: