Saturday, January 17, 2009

i got my photocard license!

Woo! Now i'm up there with the big boys. Nah i'm just talking shit. But i'm quite happy to discard of the stupid paper license. I look horrid in the photo though. Hate hate hate the photo lady at the ICA. She could've at least told me I didn't need to tuck my hair behind my ears like an idiot.

Anyways been getting some concerned msges regarding the previous entry, and yes the car was damaged. But it was insignificant, was fixed for free and a lesson was learnt. On a whim after a huge dinner at Mad Jack's Raksha and I decided to head to Kallang Leisure Park to catch The Spirit.



I love comic book movies. The effects are stunning. And of course to have Scarlett Johannson and Eva Mendes in the same movie gave me the chills! In the movie he was wearing sneakers btw, loved that touch. I'd have to agree with some that the dialogue was a tad cheesy, but you gotta understand it's taken straight off a speech bubble so it probably would not have the same effect. Other than that I really enjoyed it!

I've watched so many movies BUT Ponyo On The Cliff By The Sea. I'm so disappointed with myself. Ong Bak 2 had me kicking the seat in front and punching Raushan in the stomach afterwards. Tony Jaa pwnage!

Anyway, as I was saying about the car. I didn't bother reverse parking cos the carpark was so empty, and we were in a rush. So I parked nose-in, with complete disregard for the stupidly high kerbs and the low body of the Cefiro. The underside of the car couldn't clear the kerb, and scraped it. The noise it made was terrifying. As I reversed over, part of the car had lodged itself on the other side of the kerb, so again I heard the horrible noise. But didn't think much of any potential damage.

So after the movie we drove to Changi, chilled in the car by the beach watching the waves at high tide crashing over the barriers, and stupid minahs venturing too close and screaming when they got wet.

Went back to Changi Village to use the toilet, and it was only when I came back towards the car when I saw that the part of the skirting (?) was sticking out towards the road. I FREAKED and went home straightaway. And blogged.

Told my dad to wake me in the morning, cos detailing it on paper didn't seem so sincere. So I showed him the damage, explained how it happened and waited for his reaction. Turns out he wasn't mad at all, and it was a mistake anyone could've made. All part of the learning process. Thankfully the pakciks at Shell Simpang knocked it back in for free!

Been driving all week since! It is HOW shiok I tell you, I haven't used my ez-link card in weeks. Getting on public transport is gonna feel so foreign.

No comments: