Saturday, April 30, 2005

Vet science?

Ahhh ohhh nooo overseas degree aahhhrghhh.

It's not for another 3 years, but i'm already thinking about it. Pa chose Murdoch Uni in Perth but I really don't wanna leave sg. And what if I don't make it to Murdoch? Or a good JC for that matter?

Then again, if I screw up my o's, there's always my backup plan to do vet science in temasek poly and try my best to excel in that. It said you need at least a C6 for O'level english. Haha.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why am I thinking about it now? It's so worrying. And the fees are bloody expensive.

But murdoch looks like a really good uni for vet science. They have their own animal hospital and farm for you to do a little more hands on activities. And when it comes to real vet stuff, there's no more feeding kittens evaporated milk and water through sterilised syringes, or taping ice cream sticks to broken wings of birds, or even performing CPR on your dying rabbit.

The CPR didn't go too well. I inflated the rabbit like a balloon.

I went to the murdoch site and they said you need to pass courses in Physics (and/or Biology), Chemistry and Mathematics.

Wait, AND/OR BIOLOGY? Is it THAT minor a subject? Why physics? Why? I hate physics.

Anyhews, biology it is then. After the o's i'd still have to go through 2 years of irrelevant memorising of human enzymes and hormones and whathaveyou. I wish it was more specific.

Or I could go to Temasek Poly.

The site DID say they encourage those with diplomas in vet science to apply. So do they accept diploma holders then? They don't have any email or what.

A 500 word essay on why I should become a veterinarian, why do I think I will succeed in this course etc. I could do that right now actually.

Strong background in Math, Chem, Physics and/or Bio. I hate chem too.

Wow, they sound really scary man. They rank all your essays at one shot and choose only EIGHT. The rest are moved into the next round along with others who apply during that time. And some are rejected. The next round, they choose ANOTHER EIGHT. There are four rounds total. SO IN ONE YEAR, THEY ONLY TAKE IN 32 STUDENTS FOR VET SCIENCE?

Holy shit.

Vet science is the most sought after course in murdoch. I must be nuts.

Time to... do my flipping homework. If I have time, i'll really try to study.

No comments: