Tuesday, March 21, 2006

hahah so unlikely but hey whatdyaknow?

Yeah I bet you're wondering what's the unlikely thing that happened.

I dunno if it's a prank lah, but if it isn't, then HOORAY!

SO yah. I was watching So You Think You Can Dance? just now on tv when I got a call from a private number. I thought it was Fi or Mimi or Yigang so I just picked up as per normal, expecting a familiar voice. Turns out it was some DJ from WKRZ 91.3!

He introduced himself, blahblah then he said that some guy nominated me to win a pair tickets to MTV's Fashionably Loud event featuring Placebo. I was like OMGWTFBBQ and at the back of my mind I knew it wouldn't win cause I know jackshit about Placebo and also there was the possibility of it being a prank.

I had to answer a question about Placebo but thank god he asked if I knew anything about them. I said I didn't and he asked me what was my favourite band, and to sing a line of any of their songs. I suck peanuts at thinking on my feet so I just said Franz Ferdinand, and I ended up singing the intro line of Do You Want To in a secluded corner of my house over the phone.

When I reached the part after the 'you're so lucky!', I gave up halfway through the do do do-s and he said I got the tickets! Woo! Yay.

Okay. If it's a prank.. Ack.. I'm sorta ruling out that possibility. Cause I never intended on going for that event and I never mentioned it to anyone, so it's pretty pointless right? I dunch know.

But what a great birthday present! I STILL don't know who nominated me for the contest. But whoever you are, TELL ME OK? I hope it's not afroman. *prays*

Yay, I have something else to wear my $80 novo wedges to.

Uhuh.

Today I opened a fortune cookie.

And it said that someone from the opposite sex that I just met adores me.

OH HOW I WISH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i adore u

aroona said...

you sound like fatimah. lol. HAHA. i'm sorry.