Sunday, February 18, 2007

hooray for long weekends!

Wait let me finish my oreo first.... Ok done. Listening to the lovely Bebel Gilberto now and spacing out. I feel so calm right now - it's been awhile.

Because I'm messaging Raushan now and I have to get my mind off you, I shall blog about my mad mad night on the 13th of December with Raushan and Raj. Both random schoolmates. People might be going OMG ARUNA HAS OTHER INDIAN FRIENDS APART FROM HER 2ND PERSONALITY so for the record, I now have more indian friends than I ever did throughout my life. No idea why. Maybe it's JC, maybe it was Cambodia, I'll never know for sure. But I digress.

So it all begins when I reach my class chalet (what, you thought my parents would let me spend an entire night out?) in Pasir Ris to drop off my things, change, and leave to meet Raushan at 7.30pm. As usual I was late to reach the MRT station, so I msged Raj whom we were meeting at Bugis that we were gonna be late to meet him cause of me. Hehe.

The train ride was hilarious. Raushan said he wasn't gonna talk to me till we reach Bugis cause we kept arguing from Bedok onwards. But he wasn't very successful with that. Upon reaching Bugis we lauched into yet another argument about where Raj would be waiting for us. I insisted Raj would be at the control area cause that's where everyone waits, and Raushan said he wouldn't be. He was right so there was yet another argument about it.

We walked to El-Sheikh at Baghdad St for some dinner and shisha. They ordered rice meals and I had some wrap thing which was a significantly smaller portion. So they kept calling it a kiddy meal. After picking on my small appetite we got shisha and chilled for awhile. Raj kept getting calls from Aneesa which put him off, while me and Raushan shrugged it off and started tickling each other. Forked out 20 bucks each for the bill then set off for our next destination: Bishan.

Took the train then a bus to Liquid Kitchen in Bishan, cause Raj goes there often, knows the people and has a bottle with less than a cup of Jack Daniels in it left there. After four sambuca shots each Raushan and I stopped, but Raj had 3 shots and a flaming lambo and that did it. The bill came up to a whopping $170 which we were $17 short of paying, and they didn't take NETS. The lady was so sweet and let us off anyway, but we told Raj to pay her back the next time he comes around.

It was about 1am and we couldn't let Raj go home like that, so we walked him home cause he lives 20 mins away. He ended up inviting us over to his house when we were at his void deck and we were too arsed to take a cab so we went up. Drama ensues.

I KO-ed when Raushan started playing Meal or No Meal on Raj's computer while chatting with Aneesa, lying to her and later on enduring her launch into bitching about Raj. And for some reason unbeknownst to me at that point in time, I had someeethinggg to do with it. A whole lot of bullshit happened after that, and it ended yet again with me and Raushan shrugging it off. After talking cock, sleeping a bit and enduring the Raj-Aneesa soap opera, we left his house at 5+.

On the empty train at 6ish we wondered to ourselves how could any couple behave the way they do. I mean seriously. It's one thing to be hopelessly in love, it's another to be a possessive, obsessive, paranoid, mood swinging hypocrite of a retard. I've heard so many variations of the Raj-Aneesa (henceforth named Rajneesa) drama that I guess i'll never know what the true story is. But.... fudge 'em.

SO where was I? The train from City Hall onwards was packed with sleeping zombies for people going to work. I whispered to Raushan, "If in 10 years i'm ever like this, I swear i'll kill myself." It was really sad. Think about it. Every morning waking up before the sun rises (to me this is unethical by the way), showering and dragging your feet to work. Then coming home, sleep for a few then it's the same routine again.

It's not so much the way you commute or what time you wake up, but the fact that there's a chance you'll be stuck with a job you won't like or enjoy at all. And you wake up everday, wishing from that very moment your day was over. I feel like that now going to school, but when I get a job I don't know how I can tahan. And yes, even though I cannot stand the fact I have to wake up before the sun rises, i'm forced to :(

I was hungry so I asked Raushan if he wanted to get some breakfast from McD's. It was almost 7am by the time we reached Tampines so we sat in a very dark and empty Tampines Mall eating and talking cock while enjoying the silence you can never get there once the shops open. I was dead tired and looked like a raccoon with my smudged eyeliner but I made it back to the chalet in one piece. Reached the chalet only to find a bunch of very irritating but adorable classmates either sleeping or not wanting to let me sleep.

So if I could summarise my mad (but toned down in here) night with a picture, it'd be this.























This picture makes me laugh out loud everytime I look at it, and the funny-ass smile on Raushan's face. Raj saw this on our way out of Liquid Kitchen and in a Flaming Lambo-induced stupor, he happily jumped on it after trying to do so on a real bike. And as you can see Raushan wanted a piece of the action too.

I might update about Rajneesa, I might. But I know jackshit about the most bit and i've washed my hands off of the entire ordeal, so maybe not. Stay choooned!

No comments: