Wednesday, October 18, 2006

finally, a night of no pw, no ummm.. WORK!

Yeah. Not even a single proposal to edit, nor brainstorming ideas, nope nope nope. Yay!

For the first time in my life, I used photoshop to edit myself in a photo. I've always condemned all the morons who do it, be it minahs or lians. I only did it to see how i'd look with clear skin.

The outcome was extremely depressing. Well of course I looked a gazillion times better, anyone would with clear skin. Rargh. Well the skin doctor did say my skin would get worse with the new medication for about 2 weeks. After that, it BETTER get better. Or else.

Did a lot of strenuous things today. Played basketball, organised the students in the hall for the principal's farewell, then had the OCIP dance practice for quite long. I feel skinnier already! Yay!
Tomorrow - more OCIP dance practice, then meeting the classmates for a movie and a doing nonsense session. I seem to be getting along with them better and better each day. So proud of the boys today for helping me carry lots of chairs into the hall for the teachers. They needed a bit of a kick in the ass beforehand, but they did it nonetheless. Teng Kuang, the most gentlemanly of the lot was the first to stand up to help me. Then Samu/Wei Zheng, then Wilbur.

Yong Quan and Ryan, being extremely selfish, just sat there until I made them feel guilty about how the rest of the boys had the heart to help but them. Haha.

By the way, Yong Quan's blog is the funniest shit ever. He blogs mostly about 06S02 and takes pictures and stuff. If you're interested, which is unlikely, click HEREZ.

Okay i'm depriving myself of online shopping. My waist belt came today, and it'll probably go nicely with my new vintage black dress :D:D OK NO MORE ONLINE SHOPPING FOR YOU ARUNA!

I'm down to my last $40 for the month, which won't even smell the end of tomorrow cause I have yet to make transactions for a t-shirt and a pair of shoes. Thankfully, the $200 I made from resizing and changing colour formats for pictures is still sitting in my bank account, which I haven't touched, until tomorrow. Damn it. I was saving my money for Cambodia, but I also would have November's allowance to spend, so not so bad la horrr.

I bought a pair of customized shoes (which didn't turn out that nice, but they're super comfortable) off this girl. I should be receiving another pair next week. I think. Heh heh heh.

Ok no more Aruna. No more okay? You've shopped enough already. It all looks very tempting, but please save your moolah. Okay?

Okay.

I've been reading this book - A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. Since the momster thinks every speck of noise that comes out of Oprah's mouth is the word of God, she went out to buy it. It was featured on Oprah, but I guess I should've caught that show cause i'm now reading it and it's actually really really good!

It's pretty disturbing, but more good than that thankfully. Finally, something constructive to read. Not that Magister Negi Magi is any less good for me :D but this is definitely a good book. Nowadays I find it extremely hard to stick to a book from the bookshelf for more than a few hours. Even though the synopsis seems interesting and i've never read it before, I still just can't stick to it. This book though, has got me pretty much addicted. You MAY borrow it when i'm done, just as long as it's in the exact same condition it is when I pass it to you.

Oh yeah. Lol it's a first-person-perspective of a drug addict's struggle to overcome his addiction. Since it's a true story, the vomiting part can be pretty gruesome. And he's a bit of the mushy lovesick sort, although it's not overbearing or annoying.

Prom things are starting to go slightly smoother than before. Rod Monteiro's gonna be the emcee, so that spells fun for us! OCIP... not so. Shangari has been smothered by the haze and is stuck in Malaysia and Zhi Han I think is kinda lost as to what we're supposed to do. But we'll get it done.

Argh. Lazy to blog already. I'm gonna go read my book and get some well-deserved rest.

2 comments:

the seeker said...

hey! i heard about that book, the guy released it as a factual memoir but it turned out to be partially fictionalised. oprah even called him back on the show to have a whole confrontation with him. she's one scary bitch.

hahah i dont know though, here's the wikipedia link if you're interested; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Frey

hope you're doing great.
:)

aroona said...

lol. people really know how to make life difficult. oh well.

now i'm wondering which part, cause it all seems written in suspiciously great detail.

and i'm doing more or less okay, hope you're doing good too :D