Friday, April 17, 2009

650 Swanston Street, Carlton.......

Carlton fire house... The Metropolitan Fire Brigade converted to an apartment complex. It has so much character. In the stairwells you can see the actual fire poles. It's such a beautiful building, and it really stands out amongst all the modern apartments on Swanston Street.

It took a lot of effort hassling people to apply with me today. Thank god for Geetha, she's been my lifesaver since I got here. So here it is.....



And this is exactly 2 minutes from school. It has a secure entrance too!

Each apartment has a huge length balcony that spans across all 3 bedrooms. Only 1 bedroom has balcony access (photo below) but I think that was meant to be the living room. But whatever. Whoever gets the room with balcony access doesn't get a built in wardrobe. A pretty fair trade off!

Shit. I hate making plans before even getting an apartment. But I just can't help it. I like this place better than 56 Leicester Street! I just had to ask the existing tenants why they were leaving... And selling off every last bit of furniture. Turns out they had purchased a place. But they did look a bit sad to leave. I can't blame them.



Today was spent running all over the place getting things ready and done. Did a bit of studying for Bio, which seems pointless because I know pretty much all of it already (thank you A Levels) so we just talked about everything under the sun, losing track of time and finally rushing to make it to the property office by 5.30pm before it closes. We barely made it, but getting the application in the day of the inspection is always a plus.

Met Ephraim at Melbourne Central afterwards. He was gonna cook me dinner! Wooo free food... But in exchange for sleeping in the living room yet again. He made some pretty good carbonara after complaining about the lack of crockery in my kitchen for about 45 minutes. Smoked 3 cigarettes within an hour, making up for not smoking the past 3 days. I don't know why but everytime we end up on my balcony, we talk about really deep things. Its strange. But it's good to have thought-provoking conversation sometimes.

So he's gone out and will be back later, and i'm just gonna chill at home and enjoy the remaining 2 days of my Easter Break. I won't be going for DNB tomorrow cos Ting pangseh-ed me for electro but it's cool.. I get to save the $25 for London Elektricity who's playing at The Espy in May! Checked the place out yesterday.. It was so damn cool. Chilled out at the beach too. I found a dead jellyfish and I felt sad for it. So I drew a cartoon jellyfish in the sand in memory of it.

I have lovely hands. Did you know that?

1 comment:

Aresha said...

HI monyet the apartment is really nice la. Hope you gets it.