Monday, March 02, 2009

if there's a god....

56 Leicester Street.

There is nowhere else.

I HAVE to get that apartment. Must. I will kill for it.

Who wouldn't want a penthouse apartment 5 mins from everything, including school&Queen Vic market, at less than $800 a month?

I guess I could settle for the swankiness of Southbank or perhaps Little Lonsdale Street... But.. The moment I stepped into that apartment. It immediately spoke to me. It is the one.

I could settle for Geetha's or Marese's living rooms for the time being. But ugh, living out of my suitcase sucks balls. I want a desk! A cupboard! Some shelves! JUST STORAGE SPACE! Wa :(

Aresha's now playing on Kiss FM, an Aussie radio station. Live. Woo! Go Aresha!

The flea markets here really are flea markets. Brand new clothes, stolen or otherwise, sold DIRT CHEAP! I bought a brand new lovely high waisted sportsgirl skirt for $10, originally $90. Black flexible fedora - $3! Checkered punk-ish blazer-type jacket - $10. And the vintage here is REAL DEAL vintage. Not the fake lookalike bullshite in Singapore. When I get my apartment i'm gonna buy a vintage suitcase for kicks. Just to jazz up my... storage space.

And vintage here doesn't try to exploit buyers. $20 bucks for a large vintage suitcase. $15 or less for a genuine vintage tote. I haven't been shopping much... And there was a lot I had to pass on cos I simply can't spend much. But i'm here for 5 years, so i'm sure i'll be able to collect a lot of crap over that period.

P/s: You know you want vintage things. And you know where to find me! So if I ever announce here that i'll be visiting a flea market, drop me a msg if you want something in particular (suitcases, totes, belts, boots, clothes even vintage toys, vinyls and books) and i'll do my best to find what you want. I'll post it over if you need it A.S.A.P! :)

No comments: