Sunday, March 08, 2009

inner city living here i come!

Today feels a bit more upbeat becauseeee.... I'm moving to the city tomorrow! Woohoo!

A rough idea of where it is;



If you need my address you know where to find me! Also it's quite a sizable apartment, i'm considering investing in a double bed :DD so if anyone comes to visit there's ample space to sleep. I also have a giganto cupboard!

I've been through my first week of school and it's not SO bad. A lot of it is stuff I already know, but forgot, and like 30% new stuff. But that's just from the first week so you never know. By the way if you don't already know this, my first year is a PRE-VET year. So I don't actually learn anything in the veterinary field just yet. This year is purely science subjects. Which kinda sucks but it's a good warm-up.

School is pretty nice I guess, i've made some cool friends so at least now i'll be able to meet my friends in the city without worrying about a curfew.

I've also indicated where the ghettos are. Yes, they're in very close proximity to school. Along these streets you'll find very shabby shitty rundown townhouses and public housing for the refugees. These areas are also hotzones for crime, so even though the rent is cheap in these areas, as a girl it's best to avoid them.

Granted, in Melbourne there are dodgy weirdoes EVERYWHERE, but less so and more so in different areas. Just the other day before Coldplay, Eunice was telling me about a hobo who was following her near Victoria St and asked for change, then saw her $20 note and demanded for it. Worst thing was, she was alone, the street was empty, and it was almost dark, so she couldn't protest.

But anyway, this place i'm moving into tomorrow won't be entirely permanent. It's slightly on the higher end of my budget, so it makes extra spending very tight. The lease ends at the end of the year, but I may choose to move out earlier if I have friends who want to find a place with me. The best value's a 3 bedroom apartment. Plus, it's almost always ridiculously HUGE.

But obviously that plan didn't go too well, thus the random room in someone else's apartment. After a few months living there hopefully property agents will give me a chance. But for now, i'm thankful for a roof over my head that's near school.

No comments: