Friday, March 13, 2009

a happy update!

Living in the city is the shiz. Takes me 15 minutes to walk to school. 15 minutes to walk to Big W <3 and Safeway. I could blow a lot of money at Big W, but i'm quite good about not doing that. I did however buy a pair of adorable bedroom slippers and lookalike Vans slip-ons. Newfound vet friend Bidina also bought the same pair, but we had a pact to not wear them on the same day. Hahaha.

Went to visit Roti the ferret at Ting's place on Southbank. She was cooking dinner too! So I bought them ice cream. Roti was adorable as always, and she even fell asleep as I cradled her. But she was already pretty sleepy.. So..

The apartment is lovely. The fridge is bare though, so I bought some junk like frozen pizza and fries and tim tams. And sandwich-making food. Because I told myself I will not buy food from school cos it's just too expensive.

School is... Awesome for a change. So far everything i've learnt is pretty basic, and I managed to get my African Drum and Dance elective. I dropped Japanese for it though. I just can't do a language right now! I need time to get my bearings straight first. Drum and Dance was fantastic though. I had the most fun ever and made some cool friends. Bidina dropped French and will be joining me next week!

Over the next 3 days i'll be buying myself a nice big double bed. A 5 month old set for $175. I'd consider it a pretty solid investment. And people can come stay over with me! Fun! A nice mover man named Frank will be dragging the mattress up 3 storeys for $45. So that leaves me with a decent amount to buy a desk, chair, storage boxes, lamp, shelves, amongst other things to jazz up my little space.

The good thing about this place is that it isn't student accomodation. So it's a nice multiracial mix of Asians and Australians. Ting's coming over tomorrow to see the place, and Saturday's Sanjay's birthday party and housewarming so I hope to get proper drunk. Then Sunday it's Ikea Day!

Tomorrow I feel like buying some posters. Every first week of each semester a poster guy comes and sells ridiculously nice posters at ridiculously cheap prices. $20 bucks for a giant wall poster. And I really mean giant. Same for door posters. Regular posters (which are also pretty big)? $11! They've got movie posters, Audrey Hepburn/Marilyn Monroe, anime, abstract art, beach photography amongst a hell of a lot more. I might pick up a few. Or just one. Considering how much i've spent already and will be spending by the end of this week :(

Must. Get. Job.

Must. Sell. Wholesale. Clothes!

Must.... make friends to have regular drinking nights...

No comments: