Monday, August 18, 2008

i must exit into the night

Need some DJ Patife to calm my nerves.

Ok better.

I am deliriously thankful for everything that keeps me as happy as ever. And keeping me happy, while my departure is looming nearer, though it's still a ways to go.

Rasputin is going to knock his entire food tray off the 2nd floor of his cage if he keeps attacking Stalin through the bars. Ratty castration is sorely overdue, so I will be hopefully be getting it done this week.

Bought a huge-ass 3 tiered ratty cage cos I felt the guinea pig one I bought wasn't suitable. Thinking the two boys were somewhat getting along, I housed them together. Baddd idea.

The cage is awesome though, bought it 2nd hand so backside won't tear.

Girlfriends and I went to Zouk's Flea n Easy to see what all the hype was about. The clothes were actually not bad, was thinking about a $60 maxi dress but decided against it. In the end I had my heart set on a checkered fedora with a red band and pretty blue lining for only $20, but when I finally decided to buy it and went back to the stall, IT WAS SOLD!

I was devastated for all of an hour. I told Yiling - if we see the person wearing it, just take and run ok.

Otherwise the trip was quite unfruitful for me and Yiling. On the other hand, Su and Rau were having a field time. Afterwards we trooped to Great World City and had lunch/dinner at Subway, followed by endless MAD rounds of Pictionary. Su was bringing the cards, hourglass, notebook and pencils around in a plastic bag in her bag, so cute la.

Great World City has BADASS toilets. Photos with Raudhah!

We made our way back afterwards, and Aresha called, on the way home from the Indian fair at the Expo asking if I wanted a ride home. I stood uncomfortably at the taxi stand while all the NS boys were assembling before going to camp, facing the taxi stand. Only because I knew Aresha was going to be blasting the cassette tapes she bought from Sungei Rd on Saturday.

Yes, the Cefiro has a cassette player. It's awesome cos whenever we pick up a random cassette tape we can just pop it in without whinging about how we threw away our walkmans yonkers ago.

Aresha bought Sing Along Singapore, and Learn English with Maggi (primary school teaching aid or something?). She was blasting DAYUNG SAMPAN from the former, windows down, when she arrived at the taxi stand.

She asked when I entered, "You think the army boys heard or not?"

We ended up going to Tampines Mall to window shop. As a result of my devastation earlier, I bought a black fedora from Craft. Don't think i'll use it in the day though, kinda hard to pull it off without looking like every other indie poof.

Oh, we saw Carlos at the flea market! He was buying all sorts of stuff, and an army green fedora. He looks so amazing nowadays, and Yiling and I fell in love with the elbow watch he was wearing. Simpang night soon fo' shor!

No comments: