Thursday, April 24, 2008

please buy microphones

Damn it, rapidshare. Damn you, runny nose.

I have a thing for cleaning my ratty's cages in the middle of the night. Strange kicks I get.

So, preps for the trip are underway. Am currently short on the moolah so I need to spend much, much less. Maybe just a regular manicure instead of the french one. Bought my bag and skirt yesterday with Yigang and Aresha. When The Lawn first opened, Yigang asked me to go with him and check it out. It was a good year ago I think. Actually more.

Everything was holy expensive. I mean, I do occasionally make that backside-tearing splurge but I didn't really see anything I liked, until I saw a bag. A striped green yellow maroon sling bag with DA embroidered on the flap. It was the only thing I wanted to buy, and it was only $70 at the time which probably was a steal. Since it was green, I thought hey wow a bag that I could use for school (coz TPJC's colour is green hurrr) but chose not to buy it later.

I thought buying stuff JUST for two years of school was a bit redundant. Stuff meaning bags, shoes etc apart from the compulsory school shoes but everything I bought wasn't specially for school. I could use them anywhere anytime and I thought this particular bag might not fit that bill.

Kinda shot myself in the foot by buying that bag yesterday :D

Yesterday, I saw it chucked in a plastic box in a room away from the female section upstairs, with all the other sales items in a room with all the lights shut off. Only found it after much digging around. They had jacked the price up to $100, and it was half off, so I bought it for the UK trip. Well not JUST for the trip but for everything else as well.

But I don't think i'll be handcarrying it on the plane. I might just grab one of the old Tatanka haversacks in the cupboard. As unglamorous as it looks, a sling bag is heavy as fucking hell with a 2.2kg lappie + DSLR, what more all my other bits and bobs I need to bring along.

I want to make sure my trip is as satisfying as possible. The previous one was alright, could definitely have been better if I had more time. Now I do, so.... I just hope the weather is on my side. I'll have to make a list of places I want to go.

I think Stonehenge is quite mystifying. I'd really like to go, but I have a feeling i'll be disappointed and might've wasted a fair amount of pounds x3 into SGD. Can't wait to hit the flea markets! You can actually find QUALITY shite there, unlike the flea markets here. That is if I find them. Damn you, London and your strong currency.

Some quality alone time will do me some good too. Need the time to think, reflect on things that have happened over the past couple of months.

There's no reason for me to be afraid of being in a relationship, yet... I just can't bring myself to be in one. To be able to just do whatever with whoever, without worrying about hurting anyone's feelings (ok this sentence sounds kinda wrong) is something i've grown used to for the last 2 years. But you get what I mean right.

So now, have I not had enough? Technically, I should be ready to just go with it right. But something just doesn't feel right. I've dated around, tested the water if you'd like to put it, and I feel like this one could just be another.... Its harsh but he has yet to really come across as that one i'd like to put effort into.

Bleh I want to just fuck off on a plane now. Too bad it's another WEEK. I've only ever been on a plane alone once. The trip home from the UK, the flight that I missed initially due to a power failure on the train tracks, the one I sprained my neck on. Gah.

I'll blog during the Dubai stopover. I have three hours to do absolutely fuckall. Maybe buy some cookies with the 10 dirhams that have been rotting in my wallet since 2006. Hrm.

Tomorrow's a full day. Need to do some shite at the bank, cut my hair, check up on my tuition kid's cat + give tuition, so at least that'd spell the end of rotting at home, sick.

No comments: