Thursday, April 03, 2008

nineteen and a day old

Yes, happy Aruna new year everyone.

This means the above age is wrong. And i'm no longer a struggling JC student with no life. I am now struggling on the road to vet school. *crosses fingers*

Aresha has been in HK for the past 3 days for a gig, leaving a brain-exhausting amount of work for Yigang and I to figure out. Oh, Yigang has just started working for Aresha's new company, Eight Communications. So that means I get to see my best friend everyday. Which is great really, it's been stupid fun, mostly work, but still fun.

And for those who don't know, i'll be having a mini BBQ this coming Saturday to celebrate my year closer to death. Those who are invited already know, and if i've missed you out drop me a msg k? It'll be a night of BBQed food on our not-so-new grill, Nintendo Wii, Taboo, maybe Twister and maybe a decent amount of booze.

And I know everyone wants to see Rasputin! Don't deny it, you definitely want to. My little cuzzins from the UK will also be running around.

So coming at about 7-8pm would be good. If you wanna come early, you can but you must help me set up. Pa left for Bangkok at 5.45am this morning, so that means a lot of heavy lifting. I hope it doesn't rain. Eep.

The birthday was aaaallllright la. Had lunch out, came back and continued working till 6, left to give tuition, rushed back, did a bit of laundry and fed Dog, then rushed to get ready and left to meet Yiling and Yincheng. Since all the girlies had stuff on tomorrow, it was just us 3 last night. Left our bags and got our entry chop at Phuture, then took a cab to Arena.

After clarifying that it was really free entry and free drinks, I confidently walked right up to the bouncer to get in. Then he said two words, "ID please."

"OHHH SHI- Yiling did you bring your IC??"

"Oh my god! I left it in my bag at Phuture!"

"OH MY GOD YOU TWO AH" - yincheng

It was a classic moment I swear. We couldn't stop laughing about it. Yincheng was extremely patient with us the entire time, during which we took a cab all the way back to Phuture to get our ICs. Bumped into idiot Ernie haha, she pinched me so hard I smacked her in the chest. HAHA. Can't wait to see her this Saturday!

After about 5 lychee martinis we were starting to feel the buzz, and were sick of the martinis. So we switched to vodka sprites, of which I downed about three. And that was it.

Phuture was full of ugly guys, it was horrible. I did bump into Jocelyn, Samantha and Regina tho, so it wasn't so bad. I was taken aback when Samantha told me she had the dress I was wearing. She's also got a bob for a haircut and was wearing a classy poncho-looking dress. Definitely not the Samantha I remember from TPJC.

Overall it was a pretty okay night, finally did the partying I've been meaning to do for the past 3 weeks and spent my birthday with good friends.

Hopefully my mom will be in a good mood while Aunty Gogi is here, she lands tomorrow. Then she won't feel the need to cancel the BBQ coz Pa isn't here.

As for work, i'm going to be doing some major bumming the week onwards till I leave for the UK - aka FINISH MY DAMN SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS. I also need to work on my Murdoch essay and send it out.

I'll be working only Fridays at Wild Oats, so my pay will be more pathetic than usual this month. I guess it's good timing, coz I might just be stopping. But when I come back from the UK i'll need time to get a proper job so working there could buy me some time.

But yay! I got my weekend back! I've been working every single damn Saturday night for the past 4 months and it's quite sad to see all the happy people coming to Wild Oats for drinks after a movie, or before a night out.

Just got a call from Asri from camp, he misses me! So sweet la! I haven't seen him since results day, and even then I couldn't give him a hug because his mom was behind him. I asked him to come for the BBQ, hopefully he can make it.

One last thing - I've finally booked my ticket to the UK, for three weeks. It took be HOURS to get the booking done because I was using Aresha's Skywards miles for Emirates, and after so much hassle, and a real GEM of a woman from the Singapore Emirates office who helped me out for an hour over the phone, I finally got it booked for the 30th of April, at a grand total of SGD$500. :)

Can't wait to leave. Really need the break. I'll be sitting in fields writing poetry. Hopefully the weather would've warmed up. But I bought a pair of adorable knitted boots from the US, so I should be prettay comfy.

Oh man, for the next 2 weeks that my Aunty and cousins are here i'll have to bunk in with Aresha. I foresee many stupid arguments.

No comments: