Saturday, July 07, 2007

my head is going to explode.

I'm..... applying for the University of.....

Cambridge.

My first choice.
I'm making a mistake and i'm wasting away my first choice of a UK university. Am I?

If I don't get straight As then unlikely I will get in.

And I am paying 380 bucks to sit for the Biomedical Admissions Test in October so I can qualify. Only if I do good for that as well, that is. Otherwise it's a waste of a lot of moolah.

This is so stressful. Everything's happening so fast. One moment I thought I could settle university nonsense after my A's, and the next, i'm rushing my JC tutors to write me references and predict a possible grade for me so I can send it in with my application.

My choices are (in no particular order):

University of Cambridge
Royal Veterinary College, London
University of Bristol
University of Liverpool
University of Edinburgh
University of Glasgow

My mom says I should have more faith in myself. I kept beating myself up about choosing top universities. But it just so happens recognised vet science degrees worldwide are from these universities.

Gah. First things first.

Finish my application - get tutors to do school report, write my personal statement. As well as fill up the Cambridge Admission Form.

Then study for the Biomedical Admissions Test.

Then wonder if i'll get shortlisted for an interview.

Then cross my fingers and hope I get conditional offers from most of them.

THEN, pray to god I get the closest thing possible to 3 As.

I HATE having this undue pressure. So many things to worry about.

On a lighter note, I managed 11 pullups (INCLINED)! And you know WHY I couldn't manage more than 3 the first time?

Because the bar wasn't high enough. The shorter bar was too low for my body and arms. The taller bar was SO much easier! Wah cheeeeeebai I really thought I was hopeless.

So that means I got a GOLD for my Napha babey! Woo! I'm still hip happenin' fit.

AND! I PASSED MATH! Haha. Ok la it's not THAT big a deal but when only 20% of the cohort passed math at least there's a small reason to celebrate right? Especially because I could've put in a bit more effort for prepping for it.

Man what a boring entry. AAAAAAHHHH.

1 comment:

H.Prakash said...

good luck with your university application!