Thursday, June 22, 2006

WAH LAO EY!

Remember when I blogged about God not wanting me to go to England?

Well.

I think God doesn't want me to leave. If today had gone as planned, I would've gotten on my plane 3 hours ago.

But. I am here happily blogging on my sister's laptop, STILL taking up parasitic residence in my aunty's home.

BLahahah. This is hilarious really.

So here's the story. Aresha checked the train to Gatwick Airport arrival times online and it supposedly said 4.50pm, and another at 5.15pm. So we rush ALL the way there thoroughly stressing out my aunty ONLY to find that the train comes ONLY at 5.43pm, and there was no bledy 4.50pm OR 5.15pm train.

We waited at the station for almost an hour for the train and despite that we would still have reached the airport on time. But NOOO.

It was roughly a twelve-stop journey which takes 1hr 10mins. But right after Sandhurst, which was about the 3rd stop, the train stopped totally in the middle of nowhere. Then the driver announces about there being a power failure up ahead and we shouldn't panic and we should be able to continue and we should be patient blahblahblah.

10, 30, 40-50 mins pass and the train starts to reverse back to Sandhurst. The driver says we can get off for 'a breath of fresh air' or a cigarette.

This is getting too long.

So anyway. The wait after that was about another 30mins before the train control people said it was safe to continue. But the train continued at the speed of a fucking snail. The latest I could check in for my flight was 830pm, and it was already 730pm, so no way I was gonna make it in time. Uncle Matt picked us up from a couple of stops after that and dropped Aresha off at another train station so she could take a train to London cause she needed to meet her DNB friends.

She's only leaving next Monday. I was supposed to leave a few hours ago but i'll be leaving sometime after 2pm on Friday, England time.

So much for wanting to study for my common tests when I get back. Haha.

No comments: