Thursday, June 15, 2006

firste poste from ENGLANDO!

Before I start I just wanna let everyone know that within 2 days of shopping we spent 90 pounds. Convert it to SGD and you have $270. So we are royally screwed.

We arrived here at 12pm on Sunday. After close to 20 hours on a plane inclusive of transit time, I was severely jet-lagged and exhausted. Showered, ate, then fell asleep at 5pm.

The funny thing about this country is that in summer the sun rises at about 5+am. Which is okay, but the sun sets... at 10PM. That's like the funniest shit ever.

So here I am, 47A Nine Mile Ride, near California Country Park. It's pretty ulu, 'quiet, rich man's area' as my uncle put it. It gets pitch dark when the sun sets, so its quite creepy.

The weather here's wonderful. I can wash my hair once every two days, you can wear the same pair of jeans ten times straight. But it borders on bledy freezing (well it felt like it) when the sun's covered or before and after rain. We were at Reading (pronouced REDDING) town centre and we went into one of the malls since it started raining. When I came out, EVERYONE was in sweaters and windbreakers. I felt like a retard walking around in a spaghetti strap cause the weather was quite pleasant before it started raining.

On Monday we went to Wokingham just to take a look around. It's like the Simpang Bedok of Tanah Merah, just with shops like Dorothy Perkins and stuff. The pubs here are cute and quaint but i've yet to actually enter one. Chances are I won't.

My aunt says the brits love to preserve everything remotely historical. It's kinda cute cause all the buildings around the area have extremely beautiful architecture. You'd think i'd go crazy taking pictures and all but... i've barely touched my camera really. I know, kill me now but the shopping and sight-seeing really makes it hard to take pictures at the same time.

There's a farm behind the house which has sheep and cows and horses. I can't see much cause it's blocked my a wall of trees but i'd sure love to go see them.

Me and Aresha saw the This Fashion of England. It's called Top Class but the clothes there are extremely nice, nothing like what you get in Singapore. I bought a cute tube dress for 17 pounds which actually converts to quite a lot. Apart from that I haven't spent much else cause I've been saving it for our trip to central London tomorrow. Transportation alone has eaten a chunk out of our spending money.

Lets see. It was 3 pounds to Wokingham and back for one person BY BUS. That's fucking S$9. The bus ride to Reading was 5 pounds. That's fucking S$15. WHAT THE HELL.

Our trip here is no gourmet either. To save on unnecessary expenditure, we've been packing lunches and buying super budget meals.

The people here are really nice. They tend to look at you funny for awhile, then smile and wave. When we went shopping over the past 2 days A LOT of people gave us funny looks. A lot of guys checked out my sister, no surprise there.

Speaking of guys, there are quite a few good looking guys here, no wait, actually quite a lot. Shitty thing is, once they open their mouths they have the most horrifying teeth i've ever seen. Apart from that, the guys here are MUCH better than those in Singapore.

But they cannot beat the guys from Dubai. Oh my god. Seriously la. I was ranting to Mimi about it 2 days ago, that we will go to Dubai after our A Levels to find husbands in Dubai. Cause the guys there, you can't find anywhere else! Seriously. Even English guys can't hold a candle to the ones I saw at the Dubai airport.

Aresha, on the other hand, said that she hasn't found any good looking guys yet. Not even in Dubai. But she's just fussy I guess.

Ok enough about guys. It's my 4th day here and i'll be leaving next Wednesday night, and arriving in Singapore on Friday. And I doubt i'd have studied much for my common test, hoo rah.

Ok bye.

No comments: