Sunday, July 20, 2008

the week is finally over

And tonight.. well, today morning, I can sleep in for as long as I like. Such bliss. Even Ma could see how horribly tired I looked even before I left for tuition this afternoon. Went to work - an old WO employee came back to work, Ainsley. At least now there's one cute boy in the bar. Nothing personal against WO and my lovely colleagues but I want to stop soon... depending on whether anymore kids need my tutoring skillz.

Gave the RSC Block Party a miss too. I thought of going cos Aresha was spinning at the Red Bull tent, and she brought Ash along. From what she told me, it sounded pretty dull cos of the rain. Then she told me there was some horrible girl there, asking people why she brought Ashwin along, and that he should just be locked up at home.

Who the fuck says things like this? And which random bich even knows about Ash, or is even any of her business?

Happier shinier things - Ms Pereira was at the bar today! I was shocked - I just blurted out a 'OMG! MS PEREIRA!' much to her panic. So I called her Mischa instead. She's got a lovely name :D

As I served her table she introduced me to everyone as her ex-student. She's looking better than ever, and her kid is 2 years old already! Met her husband and sister, they were all invited for the 80s Party that was happening in the bar. Super tiring, but much better than yesterday's formal dinner do. We became... banquet servers! Yes kill us now.

We had a banquet serving crash course - how to fold fancy napkin shapes, how to carry 3 giant dinner plates full of food at the same time (not even half as easy as it sounds), how to stack plates as we clear them, preparation of cutlery etc etc.

I'm not complaining though, practically every weekend we have all sorts of events going on now. And for some reason i've been on a lucky streak for getting big fat tips! Which is completely unlike your typical Singaporean, stingy as hell and the concept of tipping a server comes across as almost vulgar. In a good night I earn the equivalent of a full shift worth of tips... Sometimes people give tips for the bar to share, but the ones i've been getting were for my *cough*GOOD*cough* service.

Maybe someone has been enlightening customers on how WE EARN A PITTANCE. I guess that's the only reason why i'd stop. If I could spend 3 hours doing tuition, I'd earn more than even the longest shift at the bar on the public holiday, which is a good 9-10 hours.

Well, at least i've been doing something right. Although... I am perpetually 15-20mins late for work. I think Mitch is absolutely sick and tired of it, he msged me telling me to go home instead of coming cos I was already late, but I hadn't read the msg and showed up anyway. Nyahah.

Ok I really need sleep. Here are some Japanese people playing soccer in binoculars.

No comments: