Wednesday, July 09, 2008

7 months and counting

I've read several blogs of people leaving, or have already left. It's almost surreal. A good majority sprang it as a surprise on me, not that it matters cos I won't be missing that majority.

But... so many people are leaving, others starting their uni education locally soon. All the boys will be busy in NS. So that leaves just me and Raksha.

For quite a few people... they only had maybe a couple of months before their departures. Things happen in a flurry, last minute preps have to be done, and not really much time left after that to truly anticipate whichever foreign country they're flying off to.

What if you had.... 8 months? You have enough time to realise what you'll be missing when you leave, and when you get over it all you have left is to wait.

Wait and wait and wait. I don't even know if i'll have enough for Amsterdam come November. Then i'll just be living a completely mundane life in Singapore for the remaining months. Is this really how I want to remember my last moments in this stupid country? Like I may have mentioned before, I don't know if I want to come back after 5 years.

But what else is there for a 19-year-old to do in this country? It seems the in-thing to do now is to go to Clarke Quay and enjoy Saturday night House for weeks on end. Also - to get disgustingly hammered.

House nights - Check
Get smashed - Check

So what's next? It'd be nice to get suggestions on how I could spend these last 7 months. Hmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could:
1.go fishing
2.cycle along the park connectors
3.go kite flying
4.ride the luge at sentosa!!
5.prawn fishing
6.take a ride on the singapore flyer
7.take a ride on a bum boat
8.go for the formula 1

that's all i can think of for now. will let you know if i get more ideas kay?