Friday, July 11, 2008

prostituting myself

Yes.

Please spread the word that I am giving tuition. Give my number out if you must. I WANT TO GIVE MORE TUITION! I AM TIRED OF SITTING ON MY ASS AT HOME FOR HOURS AT A TIME!

Phew.

Zahra left a few hours ago. Shangari was leaving too, at the same time on the same airline, but it was Qantas heading to Adelaide, not Sydney. It was quite emotional at the airport. As Zahra hugged me goodbye I was telling her all sorts of things during the hug and ended it with a loud "Understand?!", because I was on a mumble-rant about the number of months she left me hanging, and that she better call me when she gets back in Dec, if her dad lets her.

Then after the hug I saw her crying, and I thought shit, I made her cry. Haha.

I don't cry at farewells. Okay well I do but rarely - when we were leaving the kids in Cambodia, when I left London for the first time (cos I absolutely detested the fact I had to come home and get back to studying and school). I almost cried when I left the second time, but only because Aunty Gogi was teary-eyed as I walked backwards into the departure hall, still waving at David and Aniek.

Back to Zahra. It was a good ol' Indian farewell. Every other race in the airport would probably have complained about it, but I really think it's something anyone would appreciate. To have everyone you care give you a final sendoff.

Rak and I had Popeye's afterwards, then watched Zahra's plane from the viewing mall. There were 2 Qantas planes, and all were delayed due to the rain or something. Within 5 mins of our arrival the first Qantas taxi-ed and left, but we assumed Zahra's was the other plane, because on the departure telly her gate was still closing, not closed.

The 2nd Qantas however, didn't leave until much later. In fact, when we left the viewing mall quarter past 11pm, 45 mins after Zahra's scheduled take-off time, it still hadn't budged. Strange.
Been seeing a lot of Raksha lately. As in... meeting her often. Maybe it's cos of Zahra, hopefully not, but either way I'm really glad we're back in propah contact now. It's almost like 4 years of secondary school never happened. 12 years of being friends, wao.

I said that to someone at the airport today, and she went 'Huh? So we're 24?'

We all have our frisbee moments. I have decided not to call it blonde moments anymore.

'I was wondering why the frisbee was getting bigger and bigger and then it hit me.'

But bleh, pot calling the kettle black. I am denser than selenium.

No comments: