Wednesday, January 02, 2008

By far, the most eventful new year's yet.

Mom and dad had a juvenile, immature albeit explosive argument involving flinging the printer, the computer chair and the police. By the time I had finished by shift and got home it was 4 in the fucking am and all I wanted to do was sleep. When it was all over, I tucked into bed at 9am.

I can't be bothered to list all the details. My parents - fine examples of being good parents.

I don't think anyone knows how fucking glad I am that the school term starts tomorrow and both parents have to go back to their usual routines. Clearly, too much free time makes my mom restless and thus more likely to go absolutely apeshit.

Those whom i've told, thanks for listening. The only other comfort i've had is Rasputin. He's always happy to see me and I let him out of his cage for as long as I can at a time. He bounces around the bed for awhile before getting a little tired, but for the entire duration that he's out of his cage, he's hyper. And still generous with all his kisses. 

I thought I could start the New Year slowly, with no worries at hand. I guess having peace of mind is not what my life is cut out to be blessed with. Aunty Gogi firmly believes I HAVE to get out of the country for university, vet school or no. And I agree. For everything I've been through, I deserve it.

2008 promises a fresh start. I hope. 

Some things have worked my way, most haven't. In light of one in particular I chose to spend New Year's eve working instead of celebrating. Just lost the mood I guess. 

You know, after so many years you realise who your friends really are. And i'm glad that those who are close to me are fantastic people inside out. Speaking of which, I met up with Maya on Sunday and had a good heart-to-heart. Why is it our conversations are always like that. Haha. 

But it really did me good. Had a drink at starbucks then headed over to her place.

I don't know why I get myself down so much for. When I really think about it, it was just so bledy stupid, including the people involved. My life is just starting out proper after hibernating at home for so long. I am anything but anti-social, who knows all the new people i'll meet.

I can't wait.

No comments: