Saturday, February 21, 2009

and suddenly the world got a little bit colder...

But I manage. At Westpac yesterday, out of my frustration that the toilets were locked cos banks close early, I pretended to samurai slice the door with my hand thinking the lift was empty. I was mistaken.

Staying in the suburbs, though far from the city, I feel suffocated with nothingness. A blank. I'd love to run around the city in my green dress and purple cardigan with pink socks and checkered sneakers, enjoying a smoke(or two) while watching the abundance of street buskers and night time chessboards. Alone.

I want to;

Stay in the city
Enrol in my god damn African Drumming elective
Take up Capoeira in Collingwood
Start my little business (plz HSBC do not disappoint me)
Make more friends..... But I have no social life. Not yet anyway.

I don't hate rich kids... But I hate the security they have. To have peace of mind. Okay not hate... Just extreme jealousy. I don't want to feel bitter over the next 5 years towards my parents, but its a very likely possibility. I feel this extreme impulse to just blow my savings on rent for the next few months instead of painstakingly commuting for over an hour every day.

But i'd never do that. I'm the 'calculated risks' sort. Ugh. Money money money. Why does Vet Science cost SO GOD DAMN MUCH! FUCKING GREEDY BASTURDS!

(fyi: returns are shit after graduation, so get it out of your head that vets make 20k a month)

No comments: