Monday, December 15, 2008

cleaning out le messy roome

I thought I didn't have much junk. Turns out... I have a LOT. I just hid it cleverly in dark corners of my room.

After dragging almost everything out... The amount of stuff I have is amazing. Random little things in random little boxes in bigger boxes.

Why am I suddenly cleaning out all my shite? When my sister was studying in Melbourne for 3 years, I remember my mom coming in and ransacking EVERYTHING. Ransacking then throwing them all away. My sister had an exponentially greater amount of junk than me, but still. My mom threw away a helluva lot. Things that could've had some sentimental value were chucked, but I wouldn't really know.

So to avoid that happening to any of my stuff, I realised I had to clean it up eventually. The biggest headache I thought would be all my A Level stuff, but I was so wrong.

In one of my many notebooks I came across this list of study pointers. Might be mildly amusing I guess;

HELP STEPS!
1. Always revise SOMETHING at least.
2. Drink lots of water!
3. Ensure everything is always in order (e.g worksheets etc)
4. Cover time-wasting activities first & no more after that.
5. Do your goddamn homework.
6. Clarify doubts IMMEDIATELY.
7. Buy sweets to stay awake in class.
8. Take breaks! :)
9. But not too many/lengthy ones.....
10. It's just a few months, it won't hurt.
11. Losing focus? Do something else.
12. Use free time wisely. Rotting is ok but excessively is BAD!
13. Always remind yourself what's at stake here.
14. Keep your cool, don't break down.
15. Leave the house when shit happens when you wanna study.
16. Look at trees etc etc REMEMBER YOUR EYESIGHT!
17. *blank*

I suppose this list would be useful for the next 5 years.

I have piles of papers to give to the karang guni man. Mostly Math and Econs, cos i'm keeping Chem and Bio just in case I may need them.

I also haven't updated my memory box - works something like a time capsule for me I guess. I've kept it since I was 12, placing random items in it.

Some random items;

Bedok View report book
London boarding passes (both 2006 and 2008)
Class photos (eesh)
Tons of birthday cards, amongst other cards. I really should clear some out.
My last digivice! Before I gave up on digimon. Hahaha
A sistic envelope with the ticket stubs of all the concerts i've been to
2002-2004 diaries which are actually more embarrassing than anything else.
My old-ass Ez link card and some horrible neoprints
The scarf I used when I was in the BV Choir HAHAHA

Oh man, I could do this all night. But I have to meet Yigang for christmas shopping tomorrow!

No comments: