Friday, March 14, 2008

rule numbah one

If anything can fuck up, it will.

I won't be going anywhere for university this year, unless it's NUS/NTU. Missed the 2008 UK entry, and Australia only starts Feb 09. So where does that leave me?

Fucked. Ok la maybe not. Maybe taking a year off might just be what I need. But I really feel ready to start. Now. This year. Ok I want to stop thinking about that.

A cat came in yesterday. It was immobilized since birth and the owners have been manually feeding it, cleaning it and everything for the past 6 years. All its senses were still intact but it simply couldn't move at all. Rigid as a corpse.

So Riane and I were delegated the task of feeding it every few hours using a syringe, with me starting first. It was still completely alert, and it could move its head around just a little bit. After that it just couldn't stop looking up at me after I retured it to its box. It felt... I felt just so sad. It had a tumour in its brain that's just constantly growing bigger and well, to put it bluntly, it's gonna die pretty soon.

On the upside, by the end of the day its temperature went back up to almost-normal, before which it was as low as a dead cat's temperature.

I dunno la, maybe it's just got really soulful eyes. Blog more soon from mrjitsu.

No comments: