Monday, March 03, 2008

oh, the dysfunction.

But i'll start with not so depressing things. Singapore Airshow was last Sunday and it was a blast! I'll put up photos whenever la. It was a lunch thing, and they had everything in their buffet from prata to sushi! We enjoyed it in air-conditioned bliss from the 2nd floor of the exhibition building while we saw thousands of people bustling about below with umbrellas.

Then when the airshow started, the VIPs had an entire balcony to themselves from where we got to watch the show, and definitely the best seats in the house AND we get free beer/soft drinks/ice cream! It was amazing, and so was the sun. Sitting 2 hours watching the entire thing on the balcony gave me a horrific tan that still hasn't faded.

I loved the Airbus A380. It's so damn majestic. It was huge, flying round in circles making so little noise you wouldn't even have noticed it was flying up there.

After the airshow it was a killer to get out of the place. If you didn't drive you might've died of heatstroke. The queue for the shuttle bus and taxis were unbelievable. To catch a cab in the queue you'd need to pay $8 more even before the taxi brings you anywhere.

Excluding the weekend, I was sober for a week. Some people know why, some people don't. But most people know I don't go a week without drinking at least once. Not because i'm an alcoholic or all that kinda bull but it's just fun when you have the right company. And know when to stop of course, so you wouldn't wake up the next morning with the room spinning.

So the week was okay, and the clinic now has a new intern. Well she's been there for about 3 weeks now I just haven't blogged about it. Riane from MJC, with the same dreams of becoming a vet. She's really fun to hang out with and talk nonsense. She'd tell me things about some TKGS girls which don't surprise me really. I'm just glad I didn't study for my PSLE, then I wouldn't kena a school like that. HAHA! Eh but seriously. I'm glad for the ghetto Bedok View memories.

Also bumped into Shane who lives about 2 houses away from the vet. Haven't seen him in well, years?

Mundane week aside, after work on Saturday Daniel and I met at City Hall. Was supposed to be Raushan, Zahra, Daniel and me but since the 2 monkeys couldn't make it we just decided to go ahead. I really needed to go out and drink too. After about 45 mins of walking around Clarke Quay looking for an ATM and the bar that he wanted to go to so badly we finally settled down at this turkish 'cafe restaurant' to watch the last 10 mins of the Fulham - Man U/Man City - Wigan matches.

After that we headed to Sahara which was some Tamil Tigers sorta bar/club. Not only did we not fit in, I was nay close to yelling at some people who kept banging on the toilet door and rattling the doorknob as I was trying to take a piss, despite me yelling 'IT'S OCCUPIED.'

But it was still alright coz it wasn't too crowded. Had shisha and more booze, bumped into a couple of people I actually know (omg) and called it a night at almost 4am.

When that wasn't enough, I 'bumped' into Daniel and Raushan at Changi Village and we slacked at a persian cafe with more shisha and booze and Mas Selamat jokes. After also about 4 games of dysfunctional pool we left the place and took the bus home. Might just see them this Friday for more booze. HAHA.

That is... if my A Level results don't make me wanna stay home and cry. Even then I still gotta go to Relish for work. Urgh. Ookstopthinkingaboutit.

On the upside, i'll be going for a scary movie tonight with the Wild Oats girlfriends. I think we're gonna watch The Eye, we talked about it before. Haven't seen them in weeks! Can't wait yay!

I STILL haven't said anything about anything dysfunctional that has happened in the last 24 hours. Oh well, till the next update :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I know that guy who works at the studio beside Wild Oats. His name is Varian and he's 24. I'll let him know to smile the next time he sees you, ya? =)

aroona said...

OMG SHUT UP YOU

sorry dont mean to be rude hahaha but no no no ok. no need. he's just nice to look at.

who are you. WHO!