Thursday, November 01, 2007

it has BEGUN!

Sat for my BioMedical Admissions Test today. Sad to say, it was majorly fucked up. To whoever I showed the specimen papers to, it wasn't even close to being that easy. Section 1, time's up, 5 blank options. So I had to gabra shade anyhow.

Section 2. Managed to finish, but screwed all the physics questions. Thankfully there were only 3 (or 4?), and I scribbled down random answers that didn't make any sense. I was so disheartened when I took 2 seconds to look around at all these other aspiring doctors or vets, viciously tearing up their BMAT answer sheets with perfect answers. Never in my life have I felt so stupid. Considering I did absolutely no revision for this test, I hope to at least get a 5.0 (on a scale of 0 to 9.0).

Gah. When I first walked into the corridor of anxious students waiting to sit for the BMAT, I felt uncomfortable being surrounded by all these RJC/VJC/HCI students. I don't know about brilliant, but i'm sure they could kick ass studying hard. I could feel their elitist stares boring into the back of my head, and I just wanted to shout 'I STUDIED FOR 2 WEEKS FOR MY O LEVELS AND I'M PROUD OF IT'. Well not proud of it per se. But it doesn't make me stupider than you.

I was THE only person from an idiot JC. Thank god there were no familiar faces, otherwise i'd have to hear about how they could do it and I couldn't. There goes Cambridge, not that I was banking on it. But i'm terrified of losing Royal Vet College as an option.

The only, slightest consolation was that I looked up a forum holding a discussion for today's BMAT. UK's top students applying for 4 medicine courses in 4 top notch universities requiring BMAT results admitted that the test was super fucking hard, and most of them ended up guessing the last few questions. I don't know if that compares to the local muggers in this shithole, but I guess it could've been worse la.

I shan't be disheartened. I shall kick some Math Paper 1 ass on Friday, I hope. Oh yes, the A levels have started. It's just one last step away from being over. Start hoarding your confetti and alcohol from now people, you'll need it for all the partying i'll be doing. With you of course.

No comments: