Tuesday, October 02, 2007

making a statement

Raushan sent me this link, cause we were talking about this video earlier.




And the lyrics!

Look at my face
and you can guess my race
you wont even see a trace
of anything yellow

I'm an indian guy, in Singapore,
Everytime i step out the door.
I only see yellow

And so i go to school
and everyone thinks they're cool
but they were all yellow

Chorus:
your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones
is not, is not as beautiful
you know, you know i need a brown girl
in this yellow world

I tried to date, a girl just like them
Didnt work out in the end
cuz she was too yellow

I even wish i was colourblind
then maybe i wouldnt mind
that she was all yellow

Chorus:
her skin, oh yeah her skin and bones
was not, was not as beautiful
you know, you know i need a brown girl
in this yellow world

Its true, look how i pine for you..
look how i pine for you...

look at the stars, look how they shine for you
and all the things you do..

Hilarious shit. It's great when someone once in awhile decides to stand out and not conform. I think we need more of this in this godforsaken country. Kudos to the man.

No comments: