Saturday, August 11, 2007

happy 1 day late national day woo!

So on the ninth. It was me, Yigang... and a whole load of other people. It totally slipped my mind that this year's crowd's gonna be way worse than any NDP at Kallang, but we were there early so we got pretty okay seats!

A lot of people there had their DSLRs and stuff, so people weren't too annoyed when I did things like stand on my seat for a second or two to take a picture with no flags waving in it.

Here's some pictures. They're not great, but i'm pretty happy. The weather got cloudy damn fast and I had to switch shutter speeds from 1250 to 30. Heh.

This year was just so so la. Fireworks sucked, the show itself sucked, the only good thing about it was the location (10/10 seriously) and the SAF demonstration. I have a thing for overly masculine machinery.

K enough cock talking. Pictures!


Yay Singjiarrpourrr! Ok la I ended up waving my flag retardedly too. Shut up.


I am a patriotic ninja.


I picked up this random boy with a mangkuk haircut off the street to come for NDP with me.


Don't make me Hoot the singing voice to you. Some random dude.


The people in alien chicken costumes motivators were having a shitload of fun.


The city backdrop was lovely.


The pictures will start getting darker coz of the horrible clouds. Flypast woo!


I thought the lighted balloons on the water were so damn nice. They should keep them there all the time.


The start of the military demonstration! This sparkly curtain thing was cool.


When I saw this stupid red bus my heart stopped for a second, and my phone buzzed.

"If they allowed Morry to have a gun he might just come out of that stupid red truck. Lol."
- From Mimi

Was thinking the exact same thing. :D


This year's cheesy coloured torchlight - Multicoloured stars. They were actually kinda nice.


It's a fucking white Lamborghini man. Oh, the people i'd murder to own it.


Amidst all the celebrations, we just had to. Check out the guy top right. Please do not scrutinize armpit fat, or I will sent brain-eating monkeys to your doorstep.


Almost to the fireworks... People got damn bored of the show. Well Yigang and I were anyways. Haha.


Blah fireworks. Like I said, nothing spectacular.



I took over 100 firework photos, and they all well... sucked. Blame the shitty fireworks.


Then the pledge, which Yigang was rehearsing in the MRT earlier. He actually... forgot.

The aftermath : 2 very tired, stoned, but happy people.





Something weird happened as we were walking to the stadium. Some lady stopped me and asked if I had tickets to spare. Wow. Either she never had one and was trying her luck, or lost hers and needed another. Strange.

After a huge Carl's Jr. dinner (coz I was craving Beef Chilli Cheese Fries - the best damn thing ever), we dragged our asses all the way back to shitty hall MRT station. At the platform we sat on a bench waiting for the train. The crowd was not so bad anymore cause a fair majority had left earlier while we camped and waiting for a table at Carl's Jr.

So the station wasn't so crowded, there were other places to sit. This not-so-old-but-grey-haired-kinda-old guy starts glaring at me, with an expression that screams 'you better get your ass off that seat cause its my godly fucking right as a semi-senior citizen and i'll bitch slap you back to where you came from.'

I didn't get up.

Normally, i'd give up my seat, out of the goodness of my heart. But this guy was really pushing it. He then stalks around the bench trying to hopefully levitate me off the seat by glaring at me hard enough. I cannot stand these kinda sickening Singaporeans.

Have some damn courtesy man. Fuck, I need to study tomorrow.

No comments: