Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I must be the millionth blogger to post this.

A bit late ah. But.. JONATHAN! WHY? Why la why. If he became Singapore Idol, it would be such a refreshing change! But no.

Oh well. Don't worry Jon, you'll always be MY Singapore Idol HAHA so fucking corny but I mean it. If he cuts an album i'll definitely be buying it.

Jonathan is so SESSY.

Okay enough SI ranting. A week and two days to to the END of promotionals. They start on friesday. End next thursday. We're planning a post-bio exam movie. I wanna watch Rob-B-Hood but Fatimah wants to watch Little Miss Sunshine. But as long as both are funny, it's good enough for me.

And during the weekend, the momster and me will be shopping in JB for a day. On the other day, a little somethin' somethin' i've had planned in my head for awhile. Then monday (which will be a wonderful, wonderful holiday, for me that is), I will most probably be wasting the day away, although I would be better off coming up with something constructive to do.

Hurr. I'll ask Ms Tan for the D70 next Thursday and take some awesome peektures with all my free time. Awesome is subjective.

Hmm. I want to eat at more new places. I'm always going to the same places to eat, it gets so boring. Cause the people I go with can be really fussy.

But with fellow Assistant-in-Charge for prom, Deborah Sim, we go places man. Seriously.

We were wandering around the basement of Century Square and came across a jap restaurant called... Uma Uma Men or something like that. Had a salmon donburi I think. It was quite awhile ago. She has something else, plus one green tea, and some weird tasting ice cream and it came up to less than $20! Student discount. And the portions are BIG.

Another time, Bryan, her and me went to Ajisen Ramen. Kill me now, but it's the first time i've even stepped into the place. The ramen... is GOOD! Their side dishes are awesome too! But.. DON'T buy their green tea. It's assholifyingly bitter.

A bit on the pricy side though. $43 for the 3 of us. But they give a LOT of ramen. Service charge was what... $7? Yeowch.

Then just last Friday, we had to go to town after school (in our school uniforms, UGH) to get the door gifts from NTUC Income and Kimage at Funan. After spending 20 mins in the hot sun trying to get a cab (and almost getting run over by a speeding BMW), I got fed-up and went to the other side of the road, only to end up flagging for a Merc cab!

So we went to town in comfort and luxury, and the fare was no problem cause the school would reimburse us. Man what a digression.

But anyway, after going to NTUC Income, we had a few hours to kill before Kimage, so we window shopped. Then felt hungry. After scanning the Raffles City basement directory for awhile, I saw some place called The Pizza Place. I thought it would be a nice change from the usual... Pizza hut and the works, so we went there.

It's a pretty quaint place, not much of a crowd, tucked deep somewhere in the basement level. The sell pizza by the slice or as a whole or a mix of different toppings. They also had pasta and baked rice AND side dishes. I had a Seafood Carbonara which cost about... $9 I think?

The sauce is SO MUCH BETTER than Pastamania. Seriously. It's hard to make good sauce cause everyone tries to make it and some fail terribly. Bacon bits, fried calamari rings and small prawns arranged altogether to look extremely fancy. But still cheap. I don't think there was service charge, hmm.

So that marks the end of my pre-promo gourmet. Deb and I will probably be working full-time on prom after promos, so... Maybe our food-tasting adventures shall continue.

Heheh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wanna eat too. D: