Friday, November 09, 2012

my housemate bought a giant centipede baby

And it freaks me the fuck out.

Not because it's there, or that he's keeping one. I really don't care, to each his own desires for whatever sort of companionship.

I walked into the kitchen to see the tank he moved in with full of dirt, leaves, and a branch. And just hidden in the dirt was this red segmented creature with a bajillion legs. I couldn't see how long it was, but it's already 10cm. It's a BABY. Ohhh shit son.

So the tank has no lid. From what I saw last, he had placed cling wrap over the top and poked some air holes in it.

..... Whut. My paranoia was out full force last night. He says he's going to make one, I don't fucking know, just make sure the dude's in there at all times because if it skittles under the crack of my door and decides to take a nap with me in the middle of the night I WILL KILL IT.

I shoved several things in the door crack and tried not to think of every funny little sensation I felt while falling asleep.

P/s: Apparently they can't climb smooth surfaces like the plastic wall of its tank. It's not the deepest tank though... if it grows any more.

No comments: