Tuesday, August 14, 2012

This is the 2nd night in a row I am sleeping less than 8 hours. Why am I still up instead of sleeping I do not know, I guess it's because I wanted to blog about nothing at all really, haha. Today I attended Paul's graduation, and the entire nearly-2-hour-long presentation got me thinking about my own graduation (only after Paul received his degree - he was one of the first then I kinda spaced out cos there were a million engineering degrees afterward). And having that sense of euphoria and anxiety at the same time about the future. It seems so daunting, life after uni. But everyone has gotten on with it, I hope my mind will finally settle when I have a daily routine.

I just realised how shit I feel when I don't get enough sleep so I should really be doing that. In the meantime, I never knew how therapeutic weather news was to me until one of my favourite songs was played over it. It was just ultimate therapy. And I don't mean weatherman style news, but just the sort that has a Google-earth kinda vibe and a marquee. It works wonders, my brain just takes off into space and I think about all those other people all over the world with all sorts of different weather and what they're doing. It's almost a dreamlike state and quite reminiscent of what it felt like when I saw planes as a kid. All I could think about was how the people in the plane felt and always wondered if they were excited about going to a different place as I was for them, even if I was on the ground. We all have our own little things I guess.



Now I'm starting to wonder what sort of unconventional therapies exist for other people. Like we all get kicks from certain smells, but I wonder what sort of events happen for other people for them to feel similar. Hmmm....

No comments: