Saturday, November 12, 2011

One hour of sleep.


Last night I only managed one hour. The past week has seen me waking up, coughing till I start to gag for about 20 minutes, then struggle to get back to sleep with an itchy throat just begging for more coughing. It's been a painful week of it. Plus taking about two hours to fall asleep in the first place. Oh and chuck three exams into the picture.  I just hope to god that I pass them all.

Moving out to Werribee has come underway nicely.  Thankfully we have settled on a house despite some minor disagreements. Finding the perfect house isn't always easy when everyone has their own ideas. But we finally came together on one, with just a little bit of persuasion. It's a wonderful house, spacious and clean. Old but not dated, and well maintained.

I'm just really looking forward to more space. That house had a million storage cupboards. This apartment can no longer fit everything I own. Every cupboard is full, my wardrobe is bursting. It's scary how much stuff I've come to own in just three years. And who would've thought at all how quick time would fly.

Only two more years of vet to go?? What... I never thought I'd ever reach this point. Or rather at the start it felt like a million miles away. I'm glad not to have had to sit any supps... well not yet. Even some of the smartest cookies in the above years have sat supps. So I suppose to get this far without one is pretty damn good in my books. Let's keep the good times going for another 4 sets of exams shall we? :D

I never got to mention that Yigang made his fabulous appearance some time in October. I feel bad for not having more time. It was good he had other friends here to hang with while I was being a busy bee. So glad we got to spend one solid weekend together :)

So it's my last few weeks in the city. In this lovely apartment I've called home for 3 years. I've grown so attached to this place. It's gonna be so hard to let go. There's just.. nowhere else that can compare. Where else can you walk to eat a 5 dollar pizza, pub/bar hop within a 300m radius, eat awesome Asian food at 5am and arrive  home in a happy stupor in 5 minutes? Ahhh... I've done it a disservice this semester by not living it up like I used to. 

Oh well. Guess I'm preparing for what life will be like in the next year. But with CAR. So life won't be all bad.

No comments: