Monday, November 10, 2008

I don't know what to put here

I've been having the best few weeks yet. Spending money like water but you know what? I can fuckin' afford it. But i'll cap it somewhere, at some point. Still got my end of year target to meet and i'm about a k or two away from it.

Man, I wish I was giving the amount of tuition i've been giving for the past 2 months, for the past year. I'd have money coming out of my backside. But let's not be bitter.

It's come to almost a year of doing pretty much uh, nothing.

Now it's coming to an end. My year-long holiday. And the nearer it gets, I feel like my life has reached a bottleneck. Then again, this wouldn't be a problem if I could get my ass to bed earlier, ergo, getting my ass out of bed earlier in the MORNING instead of the afternoon. Heh. Ugh.

I will be off to Chiangmai next Monday for a week. David Chandra - the man behind manymany OCIPs (TPJC's OCIP Cambodia 06 included) and other miscellaneous school trips to various parts of Indochina, and more recently India, called me up some time ago asking me if I was free in November to take his place for one particular trip.

Since I was free, and the trip is 100% free (weee!) I agreed. So next week i'll be accompanying the Sec 3 Geography students and 3 teachers of Jun Man Secondary to Chiangmai for 7 days, and back. Only downside is, i'll be completely alone. Feeling slightly jittery about it, especially after David sent me some insurance documents for the participants, and its heading read "CONCERNING THE LIVES OF 33 PERSONS".

But David arranged for some people to show me the ropes, and help me make sure things are in order. I'll be FINE.

Only problem is that I might get my PERIOD URGH I hope it comes this week. So it'll come and go before the trip, and there won't be the off chance I can't bring a kid to a clinic or something or can't hike up a hill cos SOLLY AH GOT MENSES CRAMp

These past 2 weeks have been really good to me. And so have you. Thank you so much, for making it a point to make my last couple of months before Melbourne something unforgettable. I don't quite know if it's the perfect way to say goodbye? But right now I know it could very well make me cry on my departure.

I know, some of you are quite sick of hearing me yammer on about how I won't come back, maybe not for the first 6 months or year or so or whatevurrr. Thing is, i've never uttered a word on the subject of coming back for holidays to my parents BUT! They're already making plans for my bedroom. There's a probability I won't even have my own bed the next time I come back!

I'm not expecting them to preserve my bedroom as is, in fact i'm gonna pack all my stuff into neat little boxes before I go. But to not have my own personal space when I come back just seems so unreal. Hmm, but should I FAIL my driving test before I go, die die i'll be coming back in June to retake. Otherwise it'd be a huge waste of my hard earned moolah.

I actually have friends rooting for me to fail despite the obvious convenience of me driving them around. :D

;

Last night I managed to catch the sneaks of Madagascar 2. It's just as side-splittingly funny as the first. So if you didn't like the first, don't bother. Watch something gay like Sing to the Dawn instead.

It was slightly Lion King-esque, but only mildy so don't let it ruin the movie for you. King Julian and the penguins were hilarious as usual (and they were the highlight of the movie for me) so I was laughing every 2 seconds. I thought bringing back the old lady from the first movie was a bit of overkill though. Still funny la, still funny.

Was a midnight movie, and I started craving beef chilli cheese fries after so we took a cab from Tampines (after deciding against taking a Night Rider going to god-knows-where) to East Coast Big Splash. Got it take-away, and $3 for 2 Snapples and sat on the sand by the beach pigging out like little kids. After we finished it rained, so we ran back to get shelter, cos all the pondoks by the beach were occupied by... people.

We had an awesome view of the lightning, which I watched eagerly while you, cringed like a small boy after each flash. And then I fell asleep on your lap for about 10 mins, from which I SPASMED awake cos I dreamt I fell down. I covered my face, embarassed but laughing yet you thought it was the cutest thing..

At least this week I don't need to wait till the weekend.

8 comments:

VAL said...

Hey, I was snooping around people who take the BMAT and saw you took it before..

I like the way you write and I want to be a vet too!

Are you going to melbourne to do your vet degree?

aroona said...

hey! haha omg, i did the exact same thing last year.

my BMAT was disgusting, but i managed to average for all 3 sections.

and thanks! hardly anyone reads this so i just blog whats on my mind. :D

yup, it's UOM next year! start of my 5 years of hell- then again i've been looking forward to it for the last 5 years of my life.

i'm guessing you're heading to the UK?

VAL said...

sigh if possible.

do you have a scholarship? if not how are you managing with the finances?

aroona said...

i applied for the AVA, and Loke Cheng Kim foundation scholarships but didn't get them. they didn't even reply to reject me!

anyway, sg hardly has vet scholarships, and to my knowledge, AVA sends a grand total of ONE student overseas on scholarship per year. i don't know any vets on AVA scholarships too..

my advice - let your parents know, and do not bank your hopes on a scholarship. but by all means do your best with your application! :)

fees are a real killer as you already know.. i don't expect my parents to empty their bank accounts on me, so I will be taking up a student loan for the biggest amount possible, and channel it either into purchasing an apartment (solves the hefty rent problem) or for the fees.

then after 5 years i'll be settling the repayments. it's no fun to be in debt the minute you start a career, but it's just one of those things you gotta get through to live your dreams!

my lifestyle won't be extravagant either - so i'll try working in my first year to save up for whatever extra expenses i may incur.

so far that's all i got, cos it's up to my parents whether they want to buy an apartment or something.

VAL said...

hmmm. ok! thanks so much for your help. i'll be reading your blog regularly!

aroona said...

haha no worries, you can ask me anything.

i blog mostly about nonsense though, haha.

Anonymous said...

hey aruna!

okay this is going to sound odd but valerie who commented up there told me you were going to unimelb in 2009 to do vet science.

I AM TOO!!

we should get to know each other =)

my name's geetha, btw. =)

aroona said...

ehhh hahah sorry for the late reply, was in chiangmai for a week.

and yesss we should! haha

you can add me on msn at - vatefairefoutre@gmail.com